Not open for further replies.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I finally got the G23 I had been wanting and already had a really nice leather IWB holster for it. But, the holster seemed to ride a little high at 5 o'clock and I couldn't lower it. So, I figured I would get another Crossbreed, but didn't want to wait so long. My last alternative was the Kholster, since I have read so many good reviews on the product.

It arrived in five days, which was very nice. The leather was of good quality and the kydex was very strong and the G23 "clicked" into place with the perfect amount of retention. The only issue I had was the leather disc seemed to be very large, but I figured it may help with comfort.

I wore the holster for two days. The holster pulled the gun into the small of my back very well and produces practically zero print. Although it was not uncomfortable, it wasn't as comfortable as the Crossbreed. I wear a very thick belt by Wilderness, so the belt wasn't the issue. The problem was the leather disc was so huge that it bunched and almost made me feel like I was wearing a diaper! Most important, I felt like my access to my gun was restricted due to the pad covering the entire grip. That meant I had to go between the grip and the leather to draw. Some people like this because it keeps the grip off the skin, but that's not an issue with me since I wear a t-shirt under my untucked shirt.

So, I did a little work on it and the picture below is what turned out. The holster now sits very well on my belt and makes the gun feel very light. My draw is not obstructed and easily comes out of the holster. I'm not sure why Knolster makes their leather so big, but in my opinion they can surely cut it down. I will use this holster and would recommend it while you are waiting on some of the other manufacturers to deliver.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom