• Status
    Not open for further replies.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    well i finally got one. i have been wanting one forever but was not going to do the gunbroker thing and pay up to 5-650 bucks for something that sells for 320-340 out the door. I just happen to call plainfield shooting supply and he had just got one in 3 minutes ago. i said i will be there in a bit hold it plss. enough details about that lol on to the good stuff.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
    Calibers: .22 Magnum (.22WMR)
    Weight unloaded: 13.6oz. 385.6g
    Loaded Magazine: 6oz. 170.1g
    Length: 7.9" 200.7mm
    Height: 5.8" 147.3mm
    Width: 1.3" 33.0mm
    Barrel length: 4.3" 109.2mm
    Sight radius: 6.9" 175.3mm
    Energy (40gr): 138ft-lbs 187J
    Capacity: 30 rounds
    Trigger pull: 4-6 lbs 17.8-26.7N

the trigger has a nipple on the back of it that makes it awesome. the trigger is smooth and super crisp. it almost feels like a very nice 2 stage. the gun is accurate and reliable (so far 200 rounds through it and no problems). the sights are very nice 2 orange fiber optic and 1 green. very visible even in very low light. not visible at night but with good ambient light they should be. this gun is so freaking light its crazy. fully loaded with 30 rounds of 40 gr w/m its just over 1 pound vs my glock 27 with is over 2lbs and some change loaded. i really wanted this gun as a camping companion where every pound counts and also for a trap line gun (as i am trying to get into this and don't wanna run around with a bunch of extra bs) i mean 30 rounds of ammo is awesome. and a spare mag of another 30 and you are pretty much set. can't think of much more but any questions throw em out there and i will answer them as i can. Edited to add it has a nice rail and all my lights fit on and off nicely. would make a great home defense gun for the ladies afraid of the bigger calibers (mine for example doesn't like shooting above a 9) and gives them plenty of ammo to do what they need. no offense meant here to the ladies who can shoot the big calibers mine just doesn't enjoy it so i thought it was worth mentioning

one down side to this gun is that the grip is very wide (doesn't bother me but my wife says its a bit much for her though she shot well with it) . not thick but it does hold a 22 mag so it so lay one out and you will see what i mean. its much longer than a 40 or 9 anything like that. i think it feels good in the hand but if you have smaller hands it may be uncomfortable.

enough talking and on to the pics

DSCN1445.jpg

compared to the size of a glock 27

DSCN1447.jpg

a little test to see what it would do to a thin skinned target (close as i could get to a person) my daughter would only sacrifice one of her pumpkins so... 5 entry holes of 40 gr moving around 1800 fps (my chrono is broke so i am going off the box it may be a bit less out of the 4 inch barrel

DSCN1448.jpg

exit hole of 5 shots. pretty impressive for such a small bullet

DSCN1450.jpg

just for size reference of the holes

DSCN1449.jpg

here is some pics of the actual bullet channels. they were pretty big for such a small projectile.

DSCN1451.jpg

and last a pic of the entry holes 2 40 cal fmj (damn my glock and its accuracy they both were in the same hole lol)

DSCN1452.jpg

here is a pic of the semi exit hole it kinda moved into the others and my daughter said i couldn't shoot anymore of her pumpkins (kids ruining my fun blah)

DSCN1453.jpg

all shooting done at about 20 feet.

i finally got some hornaday 30 gr vmax and some remington 33 gr accutips as well. it does not like either of them. it had multiple hiccups with both rounds. i believe its the tips causing the problems cause i have ran 100 rounds of cci maxi mags the 33 grs through w/ no problems and they don't have the flex tips or whatever you want to call them. it would run about 10 rounds through and then not kick the shell out and try to double feed sort of. either way glad i didn't buy but a box of both though i was really hoping they would work well. i still haven't tried the remington premier hollow points but i figure they will run fine also. though i guess i shouldn't complain that my gun likes the 9 dollar ammo vs the 16-19 dollar ammo :)

on another note i was shooting some more pumpkins tonight and just have to point out that the accutips do crazy damage compared to the cci hollow points. one shot literally ripped the pumpkin in half. if you have a nice 22 mag bolt rifle these would be my recommended round for sure. just a update folks hope this helps some people out :)

also one last update. i think i am around 1200 rounds now through it and today when i check the screws the 2 in the trigger guard tightened up 1 turn each. they were no where near loose but they did turn so i figured i would point throw that out there. thanks for reading folks

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom