• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    Any decent paint would be okay, I just dabbed some Birchwood-Casey flat black around the holes in mine. You don't need to worry about matching the surrounding finish since the barrel band covers it up.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Any decent paint would be okay, I just dabbed some Birchwood-Casey flat black around the holes in mine. You don't need to worry about matching the surrounding finish since the barrel band covers it up.

Matching the finish was the least of my concerns. It's a shotgun and I don't hunt, so anyone who sees it isn't going to care about the finish. I wanted to make sure that there wasn't something about cold blue or other specific gun products that paints didn't have or vice versa, that would affect the way the gun ran, was rustproofed, etc. I have touch-up paint, but I don't have cold blue and it didn't make sense to me to go buy it if I don't need it.

Now all I need is for my Midway order to get here... Ordered the 21st, shipped on the 22nd, supposedly received at my local post office the 23rd, expected delivery date, 3/26... and nothing. A call to the post office and they know nothing about it and can't even let me try to pick it up in person until they try to deliver it once. I have no problem with Midway... The USPS, however, is another story. Oh well, I guess that's why they call it snail mail.

And before any postal employees get butthurt about that statement, yes, I know you guys deliver millions of pieces of mail a month and I respect that. It's not very comforting, however, when it's YOUR piece of mail that is somewhere between there and here and no one can seem to figure out where.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom