• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I've seen several mentions of QIK on INGO. Actually, I'm pretty sure I've promoted it myself at some point.

For those of you who aren't familiar with it, QIK is a video recording application for smartphones. It allows you to stream (relatively) live video to the 'net and save it there. Ostensibly, this allows you to record interactions and have your videos securely hosted "offsite", where nobody but you can delete them.

Please be aware, though, that it's not really very secure. From the application itself, you can delete all your videos, including those online.

I've contacted tech support at QIK, and got the following response:

Hi,

Thanks for contacting Qik.

We'd love to help but currently there is no way to disable video management from you mobile device. We will forward your feedback to our development team to review. We appreciate your feedback and hope to be able to support this feature in the future.

Let us know also if you have any additional concerns.

G'Day, Mate
    Wesley
    Qik, Inc

Given what a wonderful app this is for protecting our rights, I'd be surprised if they don't address this. But as it stands, deleting videos is as easy as recording them.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom