• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    Albums and player sold. Speakers going to yard sale this spring.

Up for sale or trade is my record player and more than 100 albums. I don't listen to them much anymore and have decided to try to clear off the space on my bookshelf. I want to try to sell the albums and/or player here as a complete package before I mess with breaking it up and selling it on ebay (where I will probably get triple to 4x the money out of the whole thing). This is a good buy for someone who likes the artists listed, collects vinyl, or who wants to resell on their own.

Record Player: Pioneer PL-640 Quartz Direct Drive Auto-Return Turntable. I believe this turntable is from the early 80's. It works as it should. It's had the same needle since I've owned it (10+ years). The only notable problem is that the springs on the hinges for the lid are a little weak so you have to hold the lid open while changing records. Might be an easy fix, but I never felt inclined to do anything about it. There is a child-proof lock stuck on the lid but it should come right off (had to keep junior from messing with it). It plays 33's and 45's. Has standard RCA outputs, ground wire, and wall plug. $50

Albums: I have a small collection of over 100 lp's for sale or trade also. These are mostly rock with some random other genre's thrown in there. Below is a listing of the 'major' artists contained in the collection, many of which have multiple albums from those artists. I'm pricing this as a lot and will not break it up. The lot of albums is $200 meaning you are paying less than $2 average per album. There are many individual albums in here worth $10+ on their own. I don't have a complete break down of album titles at this time and really don't want to do that at this price. If you want clarification on a couple of different artists, I'd be willing to do that to help the sale so just PM me if you have questions. In general, the condition of the collection overall is VG+ with some even being near mint. Some are less, but I'd estimate 90+% of these to play really well and be totally marketable on ebay.

Sampling of artists in the album lot:
    The Allman Brothers Band
    Animal Collective
    Joan Baez
    Canned Heat
    Bad Company
    Jeff Beck
    Blue Oyster Cult
    Boston (3 albums)
    Captain Beyond
    Emerson, Lake, and Palmer (9 albums)
    Peter Frampton
    Robert Fripp
    John Frusciante
    Grand Funk Railroad
    Grateful Dead (11 albums)
    Al Green
    Herbie Hancock
    Emmylou Harris
    Robert Hunter
    Jackson Browne
    James Gang
    Jefferson Airplane
    King Crimson
    Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Mahavishnu Orchestra
    Steve Miller Band
    John Mayall
    The Moody Blues
    The Nice
    Parliament
    Pink Floyd
    Radiohead
    Rush
    Santana
    Savoy Brown
    Seals and Crofts
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Steppenwolf
    Jethro Tull (5 albums)
    Uriah Heep (11 albums)
    Joe Walsh
    The Who
    Neil Young

Speakers: I have a pair of Pioneer speakers from the early/mid 90's for sale or trade also. They are in decent shape with woodgrain cabinets (veneer), 10" woofers, mid and tweeters (3-way I guess you would say) and worked/sounded good when I put them in storage in my garage. One of them has a little cosmetic damage to the tweeter (dented slightly) but didn't affect the apparent sound quality. I think they are rated at 100w. They have black cloth screens that cover the fronts. No pictures of those at this time. Bigger than bookshelf speakers but not big tower speakers. I'd take $25 on the pair just to get them out of the way. If interested or need more details just PM me and I'll run to the garage and get better info.

Photos:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxv6yvzfs6h9ilh/albums.jpg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/epekbdesau648z0/player1.jpg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pfj9xq1gnufcqqu/player2.jpg

Terms: Must be a FTF sale in or very close to Ellettsville. Not willing to ship any of this at this time. Cash is preferred. Will sell records AND turntable together for $230. Turntable by itself is $50. Complete lot of albums is $200. Pair of speakers is $25. Buy all of this stuff together for $250. These prices are firm as I know I can get way more on ebay and will do so if I can't make a quick and easy sale through INGO first.

Trades: Will consider firearm trades, ammo (.223/5.56, .308, .22lr, .38spl, .44mag, 9mm, 12ga), or AR-15 or LR-308 mags. I'm in the market for a used Glock 19, so I can kick in some cash to make that happen. Will entertain other trade offers as well, just ask.

PM me.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom