• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I'm getting a Ruger 22/45 ready to shoot .22 open class at Steel Challenge events and am looking for opinions as to which red-dot sight to buy.

I prefer a 5-MOA dot and 1x reticle and would like to keep the price below $100, but I could go higher if there are significant advantages to the more expensive sights. I'd really appreciate some suggestions.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Thanks for the link. It looks like Ultradot is the way to go. Too bad the lowest price I could find for the 30-mm version is $150+shipping...

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Thanks Rhino... I decided on the UltraDot. It might be sort of a waste to mount it on a .22 but time will tell. My son has a cheap red-dot scope that I can compare it against...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    No worries! We can compare in April at the steel match at RileyCC.

I may put the Pentax on my 10/22, but the TruGlo I have is already zeroed pretty well and I enjoy zeroing sights about as much as I do cleaning guns.

Of course, now I don't remember where I put the Pentax. I took it with me the last time I went to RileyCC, but now I don't remember where I put it when I got him (didn't have time to slap it on the 22/45 that day).

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    For those interested in the UltraDot I highly recommend them. I have had one on both a Browning Buckmark and S&W 41 and have always been pleased. There are very rugged and have a bright, clear dot.

Top Bottom