• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shark29er

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    I am right in the middle of "One Second After" by William Forstchen. It documents the travails of a family in North Carolina when America is hit with some EMP burst bombs. At this point, no really technical info about how the EMP's work, but what happens when EVERYTHING electrical or electronic is gone--and no communication with the state capitol or D.C.

Anyways, great read, kind scary, and has me stocking up a little more quickly than I had been.

Here's some info about it

onesecondafter.com - Home

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/One-Second-After-William-Forstchen/dp/0765317583]Amazon.com: One Second After: William R. Forstchen: Books[/ame]

I'd love to hear if anyone else has read this and what their thoughts on it are.

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    If you like books of that type. You should check out Alas Babylon by Pat Frank.

While it was written in the late 50's if I remember correctly, the story still feels very plausible today. I read it back around 1980 or 81. It deals with the US being hit by a preemptive nuclear attack and how a family survives the aftermath. Very entrenching story.

Top Bottom