Please reply by conversation.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    This is a relisting from some time ago. These were new and unused until I sized these cases. Has a full length carbide insert the length of a carbine case. My understanding is these still need some lube. Lots of misinformation about 30 cal carbide size dies. These work just dandy. Read more if you wish below ad. Comes with a Lee shell holder and a shell holder for a Lee auto prime. FTF Beech Grove.....$65......Will ship for $5 more. Thanks, Dave

E19rri0.jpg

TFVHxp8.jpg

jEquR8Y.png

Was reading about carbide carbine dies on the net. Lots of strange comments. Mostly centered around straight sizing a tapered case. Last time I loaded any 30 carbine I used an old set of steel Lyman dies. I was amazed how much force was needed to size. I wallered these cases in my trusty freezer bag that I use on 5.56 with Dillon spray lube. Meaning not a lot of lube. I set the die about .125 above the shell holder. Could probably be backed off a little. (keep in mind a tapered case) This was plenty sized down and did not leave a ring around the base of the case. Found a single bullet for 30 carbine and seated it. You can probably see the swell where the bullet seated. I say all that, to say I don't think you'll have any surprises with this die set. As an aside, I probably haven't used my Rockchucker for years. The things I do to make a sale.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom