Questions on first pistol / rifle match.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redsuperduty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    New Paris - Northern
    Hi guys,
    I have never participated in a competitve match but would like to try it in a couple of weeks. A local club is having a rimfire pistol and rifle silhoutte match that sounds fun, I have a 6'' 10 shot model 617 smith & wesson that I shoot very well with and think I'll use my Henry Golden Boy for the rifle match.
    I apologize if my questions sound dumb, but please bear with me as I have never even seen a real match before.
    1. rules say it is slow fire from standing position- I'm guessing that means you don't have to hurry, time has no bearing on score?

2. you get two chances to knock down 20 targets with 20 shots. - Do you normally stand in one spot and shoot all the targets from there? Are the two chances back to back?

They say scopes, metallic, or electronic sights are allowed.
    My rimfires only have iron sights, however it's only at 25 yards for pistols.
    50 yards with the rifle might be a little tougher without a scope, but I'm just doing it for fun anyways.

oldbikelvr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    I have never done a silhouette match, but I have found that the folks at the club matches that I have been to have been friendly, helpful, and encouraging. Go and have fun, others will talk you through it.

Top Bottom