• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dweezil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Fishers
    Planning on heading to Atterbury this weekend. I see on their website that they have 25, 10, 7 yd lanes for pistol and 50 and 100 yd lanes for rifle.
    Can I use a rifle at a 25 yd lane or is it pistol only?

I'd like to practice some of my recently learned appleseed skills with my .22 rifle.

Patternpimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Columbus, IN
    Don't know the answer but I believe I have seen 22 rifles on the pistol. I was allowed to take up to 10 shots with my AR on the pistol range when sighting, then had to move on.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Yes they allow you to shoot .22 LR on the pistol ranges. That is the ONLY rifle they will let you shoot there unless they changed the rule since I was there last month. Uh you can shoot air rifles on the pistol range as well, almost forgot about that.

I don't see why you couldn't shoot a 9mm carbine or a 357 magnum carbine on the pistol range but you better ask first. Give them a call, they always answer the phone.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Yes they allow you to shoot .22 LR on the pistol ranges. That is the ONLY rifle they will let you shoot there unless they changed the rule since I was there last month. Uh you can shoot air rifles on the pistol range as well, almost forgot about that.

I don't see why you couldn't shoot a 9mm carbine or a 357 magnum carbine on the pistol range but you better ask first. Give them a call, they always answer the phone.
    Last time we checked, the pistol caliber carbines weren't allowed on the pistol lanes, but that was okay. Those carbines generally don't have any problems doing 50 yds, anyway.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Planning on heading to Atterbury this weekend. I see on their website that they have 25, 10, 7 yd lanes for pistol and 50 and 100 yd lanes for rifle.

I am not sure about the use of a .22 rifle on the pistol range, but I seem to remember seeing someone shooting a suppressed rifle (that I can only assume was a .22) on the pistol range a while back.

The Pistol ranges are all the same distance, but you are able to move the targets from 7 out to 25. Not that it really matters, just wanted to let you know so you don't get there and ask for a 25yrd pistol range and get funny looks from the guys there.

Happy shooting! Wish I was going there this weekend. :ar15:

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    You can shoot any rimfire firearm on the pistol range. If you ask the RO he should allow you to shoot up to 10 rounds of center fire on the pistol range. You can't shoot any center fire rifle or carbine on the pistol range other than the above exception.

Top Bottom