• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WHAT HAPPENED

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Largo, FL
    I lets say "your off the clock" and you see your store being robbed can you do anything???
    let me give more detail....
    the person has no visible gun or weapon... the person just takes what they wont and walks out the door and gets into the running get-away car that is right by the door... plates are stolen... cars look like all the other cars

Last edited:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    You mean, you drive by and see your store getting robbed? I kinda assume you mean that you are not in the store at the time.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I am inside the store and the store I am inside of is getting robbed? Ah, that is a different story.

I will do whatever I need to do to protect myself and my customers. That might mean faking phone calls buy time to get customers out of the store before potentially being robbed, or putting myself in between a bad person and one of my employees, and if the situation came to it - it might mean using force in order to protect myself or another from imminent bodily harm.

I once had a situation that I had to take the first two of the above and prepped for the last one - but the last one was not needed thank God.

As for another situation, the situation that I often consider is the one where after hours, 5 guys walk up to my storefront and throw a brick through the window before chasing it in. My question is wether to wait and see if they mean bodily harm, or just assume. I have my own answer on that one.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Corporate policy at my job is to comply with the thief's requests. Heck, you need help carrying that stuff out?? Let me open your trunk for ya..

Guess I should be off to bed.. gotta be at a work meeting at 7am, then home again, then back again at 2pm..

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If they are a threat to anyone's safety then it is an easy call that you should defend yourself. If they are just running away with merchandise than it is debatable. The Castle Doctrine says that you can protect your property as well as your person.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    I would say be a good witness, unless harm is threatened to you or those in your vicinity. Not worth the waste of ammo to grease them if you are going to end up in court - fighting to prove why killing them was justified - and the reasoning of "They needed killin'" probably won't cut it. If the merchandise they are getting away with does not physically belong to you, and there is no reasonable threat to you or your sheeple, then there is no question...... IMHO :twocents:

Top Bottom