• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Usually I just put my gun in holster on the dash board. It's amazing how fast it cures bad behavior. Until an actual accident or crime takes place you will receive zero help from LEO.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Hey man you're fine! I wasn't trying to come off as butthurt or anything :). INGO are my family man, some of you may get me angry at times but that's what family does :cool:

Now get a friggin plow on the front of your ride. No one brake checks a snow plow. EVER! Ive got 3 years in now, not the first inappropriate braking in front of me, LOL!

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Usually I just put my gun in holster on the dash board. It's amazing how fast it cures bad behavior. Until an actual accident or crime takes place you will receive zero help from LEO.

Shoot I wouldn't dare do that myself. I've kept a clean nose all throughout my life, and I get the sense that if somebody would say "He was on our ass all throughout town, and intimidated us by throwing his gun on his dashboard". Crazy as the times we are living in already, I don't want to be that guy who tossed a gun into an arguement, even if it is just a visual representation within my vehicle.

Now get a friggin plow on the front of your ride. No one brake checks a snow plow. EVER! Ive got 3 years in now, not the first inappropriate braking in front of me, LOL!

Haha, I need a plow anyway - people never plow us where we live. Might actually have to look into it - it would be silly-ish on what I drive by looks, but effective I'm sure. Pretty sure I've seen where it was an option to have one installed from factory on what I drive. Or perhaps I'm loopier than I thought >_>

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I HATE tailgaters. I will take the op's word he wasn't.

Some people just think they own the road and it sounds like this was the case with the op and the mini van driver.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy

Drive a school bus, promise you people will do all sorts of stupid braking/cutting off in front of you without thinking twice about size/weight/stopping distance/height.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy

Road rage turns into a high speed shootout. Slushy vs. Glock. Hmmmm.....

Who needs a gun when you have a 4000 lb missile anyway. I tried putting my bow on the dashboard, but it kept falling off and tangling my feet. How about a Chuck Norris bobble head on the dash? I've had both middle fingers amputated to keep me out of trouble. I can still stick my tongue out though. 40mg Fluoxetine daily may be useful here.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    Not quoting multiple posters (not good at it :D) so I'll just make the comment on my own post:

I was absolutely NOT tailgaiting. I almost hit them because I wasn't expecting brake checks, therefore when I saw their brake lights I didn't assume they would be performing a complete stop, and I had hesitation in the full pressure application of my brake pedal. This was the first brake check. The second time I did not come close to hitting them, because I was prepared for it.

Sufficient to say, if I was following too close, I would have been filing insurance paperwork last night. Namely because I'm driving a decently heavy vehicle that doesn't exactly stop on a dime.

You should be able to come to a safe stop not matter what, so if you had to slam on your brakes you were to close..

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    What sort of super slushy container caused deep scratches in your vehicle? I'm a bit surprised by that.

The problem moving forward is you don't know who was driving. Could have been an idiot teenager in mom's car, and then you'll go off on mom who has no idea what you're talking about.

This is random weirdness, let it go. Definitely call the cops if someone is driving in an at typical manner. I tell them I fear the person is impaired and may harm themselves or someone else. Then I read them the plate, back off, and direct the good guys to the bad guys. Slushy on your car is good evidence.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    You should be able to come to a safe stop not matter what, so if you had to slam on your brakes you were to close..

And again, by their definition it's a possibility. But I didn't hit them, I was following within a range that was acceptable by the laws of physics that allowed for my leg to contact my brake pedal fast enough to prevent from hitting them. You did see I mentioned ABS engaged, right? I had enough stopping distance to feel it happen.

I do follow the 1s for every 10mph you go, by the way. I had "3 seconds" between us. I measure by the street lights, or whatever other objects are around me. At most, I was 2s close to them instead of 3s. Still doesn't give them the right to break the law, if you ask me.

If anybody proceeds to tell me that it's ok to throw slushies out your window, then watch out! :draw: (these are my slushie cannons)

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    What sort of super slushy container caused deep scratches in your vehicle? I'm a bit surprised by that.

The problem moving forward is you don't know who was driving. Could have been an idiot teenager in mom's car, and then you'll go off on mom who has no idea what you're talking about.

This is random weirdness, let it go. Definitely call the cops if someone is driving in an at typical manner. I tell them I fear the person is impaired and may harm themselves or someone else. Then I read them the plate, back off, and direct the good guys to the bad guys. Slushy on your car is good evidence.

Ice chunks perhaps, it was a Speedway cup (32oz or 44oz variety). Even had the red straw on my window for a few blocks :D

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Shoot I wouldn't dare do that myself. I've kept a clean nose all throughout my life, and I get the sense that if somebody would say "He was on our ass all throughout town, and intimidated us by throwing his gun on his dashboard". Crazy as the times we are living in already, I don't want to be that guy who tossed a gun into an arguement, even if it is just a visual representation within my vehicle.

To each is there own, but usually I don't take someone putting my life in danger lightly.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!

To each is there own, but usually I don't take someone putting my life in danger lightly.

Are you referring to tailgaiting somebody? Or the gun on the dash?

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Face this a lot here in the city. Weekly run ins with those who are pissed at the world and feel they are in control once behind the wheel and anonymous.
    You showed great restraint as I have lost my temper more than a few times over Mr. and Mrs. break check. To confront them is a waste of time. You can not fix stupid. There are scammers that will set you up for rear enders for insurance fraud but this just sounds like an A$$ hat.
    LEO will do nothing about this.

Sadly, I think this is exactly the right answer. I wish something could be done about people like this, but you're just wasting your time if you pursue this further.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I call those drivers in as a possible drunk driver. let the cops handle them. then mention threw a slushie out the window, while you're on the phone with dispatch. at least they'd get a ticket for littering.

Excellent point. This would be a good way to report it and not get involved.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    That kind of behavior is bad for you and all gun owners. Your gun is for self defense, not intimidation.

That's what I was trying to point toward as well. It is bad behavior, and us gun owners are a whole. And we all need to keep our acts straight and ourselves close together. We're not exactly seen by society as anything less than evil crazed maniacs.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    the police will do nothing for you not because they're lazy, but because they can't. They won't cite anyone for littering as they didn't witness it. For this to make sense, imagine a cop pulling someone over and walking up with a littering ticket without having seen the act, or even the evidence. The cop would then hand the ticket to the slushy bandit and say, "this guy called and said 10 or 15 minutes ago you threw a slushy out your window and you drive like ****" Image slushy bandit's next course of action: "the guy in the truck was raping a 3 year old and i was trying to distract him with the slushy so the kid could get away".

Calling the slushy bandits in as erratic drivers may get a cop dispatched that way, but in general people tend to straighten up and fly right with a cop behind them, unless they are truly drunk. A phone call isn't enough of a reason to initiate a traffic stop. Even if your hood was damaged as far as they would go is to do a report for your insurance as again it's a misdemeanor not witnessed by the police.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    That's what I was trying to point toward as well. It is bad behavior, and us gun owners are a whole. And we all need to keep our acts straight and ourselves close together. We're not exactly seen by society as anything less than evil crazed maniacs.

Bad behavior? How do you figure? You don't even know the story. I just merely stated how I had to deal with road rage in the past. Why did you continue to follow the threat? Its not like you were stuck on the highway 20 miles until your next exit with no where to go. I was an OTR driver for over five years clocking 100k behind the wheel. You would be suprised how many times people intentionally provoke people in commercial vehicles.

When you can't get any assistance from the county mounty sometimes you have to meet force with force. Besides that me putting a holstered pistol on a dash board is no more intemedating then a guy who opens carrys.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom