• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hunter46140

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I am looking to buy an sks off of a buddy. He doesnt know much about guns and I dont know much about sks'. It is stamped 1951 and has a large star on the top of the receiver. It is also stamped NHM russian military. It looks to be the original stock with bayonette. Can anyone please tell me what it is exactly, what its worth, pros and cons please. Any info would be good.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    The SKS could be worth $375-$450. If the original 10 round, fixed box magazine is still in it and the numbers match it is worth towards the upper end. By the time that rifle was made the AK-47 was in service with the Russian military. Chances are, the rifle probaly saw limited service with second line troops and then just sat in a warehouse caked in cosmoline until it was imported into the country. The rifle should be in good condition taking into account that your friend took good care of it.

rustygunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Columbus
    1951 with a star and arrow would be Tula. Nice rifle, I miss mine. Those are some of the better quality SKS's as far as I know.
    I really don't know what they are selling for these days.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    I am looking to buy an sks off of a buddy. He doesnt know much about guns and I dont know much about sks'. It is stamped 1951 and has a large star on the top of the receiver. It is also stamped NHM russian military. It looks to be the original stock with bayonette. Can anyone please tell me what it is exactly, what its worth, pros and cons please. Any info would be good.

Check the bore.

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    If the numbers match and it has not been restruck,look for xxxx on stock, in the $400 range.
    Russians are some of the best sks's along with the Romanians. I have two russians and a romy that are mint.

Top Bottom