• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Indiana residents can purchase long guns from FFL dealers in Kentucky. So yes, unfortunately it is that much easier to drop coin at Whittakers.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    You can also buy a handgun from Whittaker's and leave with it. IF you have a letter from your FFL appointing you his courier and a signed copy of his license. Or if he is on file with them.

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    I just went through this decision process and depending on how far you have to drive it can still be cheaper to have the gun shipped ($25) and pay the FFL transfer fee ($20). This, of course, ignores the fact that one should then factor in IN sales tax after the transfer has been made. You will have to pay KY sales tax if you pick up the gun in person so the math worked out to be more advantageous to have the gun shipped with gas being over $4/gal (nearly $60 round trip).

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I just went through this decision process and depending on how far you have to drive it can still be cheaper to have the gun shipped ($25) and pay the FFL transfer fee ($20). This, of course, ignores the fact that one should then factor in IN sales tax after the transfer has been made. You will have to pay KY sales tax if you pick up the gun in person so the math worked out to be more advantageous to have the gun shipped with gas being over $4/gal (nearly $60 round trip).

I'll be heading down through there to visit family on the 4th anyway, so I was planning a stop there. I've never been there and always heard good things about it.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    J&S also picks up handguns every Saturday and does transfers at his Evansville location for $20. He is there to transfer on Sunday if you want to.

Top Bottom