• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I have shot a bazillion rounds with pulled bullets, and a still have half a bazillion left to shoot..

I don't think I would order those bullets myself, I just don't want to spend the time sorting them out.
    I believe you can Google pulled bullets and find deals almost as good with only one style of bullet..
    But if you want to sort, have fun..

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I have had pretty good luck with pulled projectiles. The only issue I've ever had was I got a batch of 55gr tracers that were machine pulled and were a little smashed and out of round. My solution was to run them through a 15 dollar Lee sizing die which seemed to straighten them out.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Does anyone have experience with lots of demilitarized, pulled projectiles? They are cheaper per round but is it worth the trouble?

https://www.americanreloading.com/e...-223-primium-projectile-mixed-lot-500-ct.html

Are they selling these in mixed lots because they are changing the rounds? I was told by an individual in the military that they have a new round called the Bravo One that they will be replacing all of their rounds with because it fills the bill for everything from long range, to upclose, to armor, to soft tissue?

Not sure if he was feeding me shiznit but he is a Ranger and has more insight than I do.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Are they selling these in mixed lots because they are changing the rounds? I was told by an individual in the military that they have a new round called the Bravo One that they will be replacing all of their rounds with because it fills the bill for everything from long range, to upclose, to armor, to soft tissue?

Not sure if he was feeding me shiznit but he is a Ranger and has more insight than I do.

This is stated in the sales flyer,

These are Demilitarized pulled bullets, new but once loaded then pulled apart. These have very minimal pull marks and are ready to load. No sizing is needed. These are slightly over packed for quality control.

With that being stated I would tend to believe that these are # 2 pulled bullets that have some traction marks on them.. And with that they just bulk pack all of the #2 bullets together.. It's not worth the money for them to keep them sorted.
    When Talon Industries was in business they had 3 different grade pulled bullets. #1 were perfect bullets,
    #2 have small collet track marks and
    #3 that had TRACK DENTS in the bullets and needed to be run through a sizer before being loaded.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I have had pretty good luck with pulled projectiles. The only issue I've ever had was I got a batch of 55gr tracers that were machine pulled and were a little smashed and out of round. My solution was to run them through a 15 dollar Lee sizing die which seemed to straighten them out.
    $15 dollar Lee sizer for the win. I bought 500 plus M118 pulls and some looked a little squashed. After sizing them I took the worst 5 or 6 and loaded them. All shot under an inch at 130 yards. That's not bad for 5 cent bullets. (couple years ago)

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I have some experience with military surplus pulled bullets and they work OK for blasting ammo, most had to be resized, +1 for Lee sizing dies. I've never dealt with commercial pulled bullets, but I just ordered three different types from the company that you linked to (thanks OP!). I will try and report back on how they look, weigh, and eventually how they shoot.

Chumley

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2014
    Clayton
    I bought 4000 9mm 115 grain last night. At 4.3 cents you can't beat that even if there are a few that can't be loaded.

Snipercop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    SS Indianapolis
    Can't beat the price. For target shooting, I have never had any issues. I think a lot depends on the quality control of the company selling them. Depending on what you are buying, a quick tumble probably wouldn't hurt them.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I bought 2k 9mm on the 13th emailed them to see what was up and they said they would ship the 1st. I also bought 1k 38/357 pulls. I figure for the price and from another site that had a review which said they only found 3 that were unusable the price can't be beat for plinking. They do seem to have bullets in stock more often and once my shipment arrives and is as good as the other reviewer I could care less about the slow shipping as long as I can get a decent stock built up for the upcoming election cycle.

I did buy 1k 62gr pulls from Hi tech last Saturday and got here Friday. They were air pulled whatever that means, and found none that needed to be tossed. I also counted them all and got 1026. For 76.06 shipped figure couldn't beat the price. I hope to get out in the garage this week to weigh a handful or two to see how much the weight varies and get about 15 loaded to try out at our first M&S in March. If all is good will be checking for when they come back and buy much more.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    My 2k 9mm from american gave me a tracking number on Monday yet nothing has updated. Will give them till Monday to find out what the issue is. I also ordered 500 62gr from RMR which arrived 3 days after ordering. I can get 1k from RMR for less than Hi tek and seeing as they are out of stock will probably buy majority from RMR in the future.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    My 2k 9mm from american gave me a tracking number on Monday yet nothing has updated. Will give them till Monday to find out what the issue is. I also ordered 500 62gr from RMR which arrived 3 days after ordering. I can get 1k from RMR for less than Hi tek and seeing as they are out of stock will probably buy majority from RMR in the future.

I made an order on 2/19,
    received tracking # on 3/2 (after a few emails)
    tracking #s still not showing any activity, a few more days will be a month. I don't expect to order anything else from them unless the deal is too good to pass up.

Let us know how the RMR 62 grainers work out, did you get the 2nds or 1st quality?

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I made an order on 2/19,
    received tracking # on 3/2 (after a few emails)
    tracking #s still not showing any activity, a few more days will be a month. I don't expect to order anything else from them unless the deal is too good to pass up.

Let us know how the RMR 62 grainers work out, did you get the 2nds or 1st quality?

I ordered around the same time you did. I seen they had a 20% blitz and debated buying the rifle powder but figure wait till my order comes in if it does. I also have 1k 38/357 I ordered from them as well about 2 weeks after my initial order.

I got the new and all looked great. They even threw in the customary few extras. I'll probably be a while before I try them out as I just dumped them in with the Hi Teks. The weight variance between the two was so small that I figured there is no need to keep them separate. I might try their seconds next as there is a 5% coupon code from the high road forum that brings my cost 4 dollars cheaper than Hi Teks air pulled shipped.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Ordered on 2/25. My credit card was immediately charged, but still no tracking number almost 3 weeks later. This is taking too long; I won't be ordering again. :noway:

If my order arrives and the bullets look good with minor to no defects and they've included a few extras I would consider them as a supplier when I have high enough levels to wait as long as I have. Of course I would order at least 5k.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    FalconRC369
    Top Bottom