• BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    I was pulled over today for not stopping at a stoplight long enough(turned R on red ) So to make a long story short had a handgun a in my console ,laying on top of my wallet plus one IWB and my AR in the back seat of the truck .When I was asked for my drivers license and registration I told the Officer that I had a hand gun lying on top of my wallet .His response You have a permit "yes" .Well let me see everthing and dont do any any quick movements Please I was given a warning ticket and told thanks for the heads up on the gun . I have to give this guy A big :yesway:, and yes the officer was about mid 40 to 50 ,seen enough BS to know how to handle things ! +1 FPDP :patriot: Have to add this remember when they (police ) would take your beer ,than tell your Dad so he could kick your ass , instead of getting arrested ? I sure do miss The AMERICA I knew as a kid ,what use to be fun is now a felony !

Last edited:

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    i would rep for the positive feed back for an leo but im out for 24 hours cause rep pyramid, there has been alot of trash talk about them on here for a couple days.

Last edited:

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I was pulled over today for not stopping at a stoplight long enough(turned R on red ) So to make a long story short had a handgun a in my console ,laying on top of my wallet plus one IWB and my AR in the back seat of the truck .When I was asked for my drivers license and registration I told the Officer that I had a hand gun lying on top of my wallet .His response You have a permit "yes" .Well let me see everthing and dont do any any quick movements Please I was given a warning ticket and told thanks for the heads up on the gun . I have to give this guy A big :yesway:, and yes the officer was about mid 40 to 50 ,seen enough BS to know how to handle things ! +1 FPDP :patriot: Have to add this remember when they (police ) would take your beer ,than tell your Dad so he could kick your ass , instead of getting arrested ? I sure do miss The AMERICA I knew as a kid ,what use to be fun is now a felony !
    Thanks for posting about the positive leo encounter. I guess I need to brush up on my rules of the road. I have just been coming to a complete stop before turning right on red if clear. I will have to pause for a while before turning in the future. Did he say how long you have to stay stopped before turning?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Great report.

Very safe interaction and props to the no BS officer who knew how to handle things. :yesway:

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    Thanks for posting about the positive leo encounter. I guess I need to brush up on my rules of the road. I have just been coming to a complete stop before turning right on red if clear. I will have to pause for a while before turning in the future. Did he say how long you have to stay stopped before turning?
    No ,but from what I've been told a full and complete stop than a 5 count .Whatever !! Just be legal and dont worry about it . If the LEO is an azz and you have done nothing wrong do everything you can to bust his or her's (said) ball's legaly ,write the the local paper ,call the mayor , hell call channel 6 .Respect goes a long way and that is for everything and everybody !!

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Still don't look forward to my first, hope it's with a good one. :-) I know there are many out there.

ALSO,

The law is a stop. If not you can fight it. I'm guessing OP came to a rolling stop otherwise the pullover would be illegal, as far as I understand

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown

Still don't look forward to my first, hope it's with a good one. :-) I know there are many out there.

ALSO,

The law is a stop. If not you can fight it. I'm guessing OP came to a rolling stop otherwise the pullover would be illegal, as far as I understand
    Legal or not it all comes down to your word against a LEO ,if someone can prove they didnt do something ,ie ; video ,lot of people who saw it or what ever . I was pulled over at 2 am whats that say !! The whole point is the LEO was cool .He didnt smell pot, booze or what the hell ever and ther was NO BULL**** from either of us ,it went down the way it should have ,Remember TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, dont read to much into things.Whatever it may be !

tjgilbert89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    I was pulled over today for not stopping at a stoplight long enough(turned R on red )

I was just pulled over on US 31 for that exact same thing about an hour ago!
    Between a passenger and myself, we had 3 handguns on us. I said nothing about them.

Given a warning and the whole incident took all of 5 minutes.

Bart

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Seymour
    Good Cat, there is no such thing as a rolling stop. You are either stopped or still rolling. If you never ceased foreward movement then you never stopped. There is no amount of time that you have to remain stopped. You just have to stop until it is safe to proceed.

Also, to the original poster, you should mention what police department stopped you so they can get the good props.

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    PHP:
    Good Cat, there is no such thing as a rolling stop. You are either stopped or still rolling. If you never ceased foreward movement then you never stopped. There is no amount of time that you have to remain stopped. You just have to stop until it is safe to proceed.

Also, to the original poster, you should mention what police department stopped you so they can get the good props.
    Tried to just highlight the first part of the comment .Glass half full ,Glass half empty. Dont read to much into it 2 am pull over .I think 80% of DUI bust are after 11 pm or 2200 The whole point is a LEO doing his job ,and me doing my part . I didnt have to inform ,but the gun was on top of my wallet .I didnt tell him about the other two guns ,he checked my out ,found me to be on the up an up and away we went !

Bart

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Seymour
    Myself and the 2 other officers in the room with me don't know what FPDP stands for. Perhaps Franklin PD??? Still don't know what FPDP is.

ekg98

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Thats worth sending a anonymous letter to the PD commending the officers for handling the situation in a positive manner.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom