• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Warranty or not, check for recalls and/or unannounced TSB's that pertain to your issue. If there is one, the dealership cannot deny you warranty service whether or not the vehicle is actually in warranty. It's odd that no codes were stored however. Typically if a car enters LimP mode, the event which caused the ecu to do so is stored. Just because there is no check engine light on, doesn't mean there is no code stored. Did you read the codes or just assume there aren't any because there was no MIL? If not, throw a code reader on it. If so, you may have ECU issues.

I threw my reader on it this morning and there was nothing. :n00b: She's taking the kids to watch some fireworks tonight at her sisters lake house (already gone) so if she has more problems i'll know.

if your cleaning out the throttle body go ahead and seafoam the jeep. 1/2 the can in the tank and the other half sucked through a vacuum line that goes into the intake manifold, that will clean anything out from both ends.

Already figured i'd do that as well. I did it to my dodge ram last year and it really helped clean it out.

We had the exact same symptoms with a astro van at 90K miles. It was throwing a Mass air flow sensor problem. It had been running rich for a bit according to gas mileage. It seems we had clogged the catalytic converter. It would run up to 35 MPH and the bog out. Turn it off for 30 minutes and it cleared up. Take it out the next day and at 30 it would bog down. I cut it out and problem solved for a while. I guess that we were not burning all the fuel and it was burning in the converter. A new set of plugs and wires and it is back to getting better mileage,

I talked to a buddy last night who owns his own garage/towing service and he said the exact same thing. With no codes, i told him i'd bring it down to the shop and let him have a look if i cant find it myself.

Top Bottom