• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Gunbroker is useful for showing you what things are selling for on Gunbroker. If you try to take some of the crazy prices you see on Gunbroker and put those on INGO stuff will likely sit, it's a tradeoff between hassle and convenience.
    A lot of people forget the percentage of the sale price gunbroker takes from the seller.. So if you see a gun sell for $1000. You wont see all $1000. I forget the exact percentage, but I think it's some where around 6-10%?

Mrbill69

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Coal City, IN
    The prices guns sell for on gunbroker isn't representative for all parts of the country. Seems to me the people getting their prices off gunbroker will pick out the highest prices they find them wonder why they can't sell their guns.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The prices guns sell for on gunbroker isn't representative for all parts of the country. Seems to me the people getting their prices off gunbroker will pick out the highest prices they find them wonder why they can't sell their guns.
    I can't speak for others, but I try and pick the "middle" of the range that I see on GB. I think the highs (if selling) and lows (if buying) are probably pipe dreams, or at best lucky deals.

MongooseLaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 5, 2019
    Albion
    I have heard others refer to the completed auctions on GB.
    I've just been searching on the Gunbroker sight & can't find the completed auctions.
    What are the steps to click on that leads there?

I've clicked on everything & done a search for completed auctions but have somehow missed it.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Top of screen at the search bar, should say "advanced" to the right. Click on that, click on "completed" tab instead of current.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I can't speak for others, but I try and pick the "middle" of the range that I see on GB. I think the highs (if selling) and lows (if buying) are probably pipe dreams, or at best lucky deals.

I do the same. I like to take as many sold auctions as possible back as far as 3-6mos...remove any high/low anomalies and average the rest in the middle.

doublesharp

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Clark County
    If you've got mostly shooter grade guns I'd set up at a gunshow and use GB prices as a guide. Get under them by about 15-20% and sell for cash. If you have collectable high condition guns I'd consider a consignment through one of the top GB vendors such as Gunnerbucksdad, Sarah15, Bryant Ridge Co, et al. These guys are all ngd friends of mine and will sell your guns for around 15% and that includes shipping, a professional ad with many high definition photos and they will generally get better prices than an unestablished seller.

If you're in s Indiana Bekort Auction out of Corydon gets some strong prices and often does gun auctions.

Forum classifieds like ingo are good too. S&W forum is active and things sell fast. Colt forum has some high rollers that will snag a good piece quickly.

Not sure when but more taxes will come on internet sales. Sales tax is now automatic even for a hobby seller and a new report says irs has small sellers on the radar now.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Try your LGS and see what prices are for used revolvers. My range takes consignments and will suggest prices. They charge 10% of the sale, do a background check, take credit cards. Sales tax and and all you do is get a check when sold. For an idea of wholesale price go to https://webuyguns.com/. And get an offer. This is run by one of my LGS in Westfield IN. No obligation and Chris has always been fair to me when buying (I have not sold anything to him but he is getting a great response to his new website). If you have several hours to kill he has a YouTube channel (Marksman TV) and does a weekly review of several guns he has in his shop. He usually gives you a fair idea of what he thinks they should be selling for both in today’s market and in the past.

deingy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Centerville
    Over the years I’ve been buying and hoarding Smith & Wesson revolvers, I always thought that I would sell them when I retire, the time has come for me to retire, so I’ll probably be putting most of my revolvers up for sale (along with other guns that I don’t want to hang on to). The problem is, what do you use as a pricing guide?
    You do realize that you are dangling raw meat in front of a pack of dogs.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    You do realize that you are dangling raw meat in front of a pack of dogs.
    I knew that it would stir some interest and I’m really not trying to get anyone’s hopes up, I’m just trying to come up with a fair price and when I list them all, I have to be in a position where I can meet with potential buyers.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I knew that it would stir some interest and I’m really not trying to get anyone’s hopes up, I’m just trying to come up with a fair price and when I list them all, I have to be in a position where I can meet with potential buyers.
    Your location isn't too far removed that those around the Indy area wouldn't be able to meet up with you so you'd have a bigger buyer pool at least.

Top Bottom