• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    a few weeks ago 1000$ AKs would be bought in seconds. now they sit. stock everywhere is still low. cant find ammo, but when you do its more reasonable and still rationed. give it another six months.

RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    I'm confused. In one thread you have people boasting about selling 223 for $1.20 a round and how it's the capitalist way and when I say something about it I get piled on and have a bunch of economics crap flung at me. Then in another thread there are people complaining about how high the prices are and everyone gouging in the classifieds. Is Ingo Bipolar or maybe schizophrenic? Which is it? Is it Capitalism at it's finest or price gouging and greed? I truly don't know... :dunno:

I never paid more than listed retail price for ammo or firearm, and by the same token I have never overcharged anyone either, I don't like feeling like a crook.
    Its the panic buyers and the hoarders that deplete the supply and drive up the online prices. So I have been sitting back and watching the show just like a lot of other INGOers, Its been long, boring and I'm glad its almost over. Thats all I'm saying.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    I just returned from the gun show.... Some stupid prices on stuff that were such good deals that they still had most if not all of it still for sale.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah! I cannot belive 22 LR at $60.00 a brick... a shame.

And you say it still sits there. Good. They have to eat as we do. Prices will have to come down. I was just on Sportsmans guide looking for .45 ACP and everything in bulk is BO.
    Lucky gunner had 500 rd. lots of Rem. UMC for an "Almost" regular price. .57 cents a rd. Not much there but available when I looked.

1371MARINE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    The Region
    I'm confused. In one thread you have people boasting about selling 223 for $1.20 a round and how it's the capitalist way and when I say something about it I get piled on and have a bunch of economics crap flung at me. Then in another thread there are people complaining about how high the prices are and everyone gouging in the classifieds. Is Ingo Bipolar or maybe schizophrenic? Which is it? Is it Capitalism at it's finest or price gouging and greed? I truly don't know... :dunno:

Both I guess. It is only a matter of perception. I was in Cabelas today and they're asking new pricing for used trades. I asked for a price drop and they said corporate set the pricing and told the stores not to budge. I told him I'd shop elsewhere when pricing comes down. I've been a loyal customer but I won't succumb to panic pricing greed of corporate pigs. As for gun shows... that used to be a place to go for the deals, but not any more. I only go now for oddities and to chuckle at the stupidity

87gsxr711

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm with some others. Need primers and bullets. Have seen more and more stuff roll into Blythe's over the past few weeks. Couple M&P 15-22, couple AR's, and ammo is hitting the shelves again. Not staying long of course.

1371MARINE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    The Region
    I never paid more than listed retail price for ammo or firearm, and by the same token I have never overcharged anyone either, I don't like feeling like a crook.
    Its the panic buyers and the hoarders that deplete the supply and drive up the online prices. So I have been sitting back and watching the show just like a lot of other INGOers, Its been long, boring and I'm glad its almost over. Thats all I'm saying.

couldn't have said it better myself. just enjoying the show!! when people realize it's the panic buying that drives the price surge the better off ALL of us will be.

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm waiting 6 months before I'll even think about going to another gun show.

The last Indy show I went to was hilarious...and it wasn't even during the "AB Depression" that is current pricing. One vendor offered me $350 for my like new G30 with NS's. When I mentioned Bud's online pricing, he scoffed and told me he actually knew Bud. :rolleyes: When he didn't get his way he tried to belittle me with insults. I can't imagine how that guy is handling all of this.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I would certainly agree that prices took a very sudden drop in the last week.

I've been selling factory ammo on gunbroker. Just over a week ago I was getting over $1/round in bids. Yesterday I had an auction end with not a single bid (starting bid was $.75/round.

Another example, I'm looking for a particular rifle that was selling for over $2k just weeks ago. Today there is one of those listed on gunbroker at $870 starting bid and no bids yet...

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Prices and availability are moving the right direction, but those are so fickle that it's one presidential speak away from going right back.

darrin5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    NATCHEZ

Natchez shows to have CCI 22lr in stock you are only allowed 1 box thats cool, but when I went to check out they was going to charge me $21.60 to ship it, WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! I just ordered a bunch of ammo from Cabelas a week or so ago and they charged me $6 to ship it, personally that is gouging guess I won't be buying any more ammo from them.:xmad:

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    There will soon be an influx of AR's at cheap prices, as people scramble to pay off the credit cards after realizing they over did it.

I'm totally counting on this. It kind of reminds me of the real nasty storm that tore up this whole area last year. Every warm body went out and bought up all the generators they could. Two weeks later, after most people got power back, ALMOST every warm body was struggling to sell their lightly used, but recent purchase. Most people live pay check to pay check and the prospect of a market saturated with cheap quick sell mags, ammo, and ARs is absolutely delicious.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I'm totally counting on this. It kind of reminds me of the real nasty storm that tore up this whole area last year. Every warm body went out and bought up all the generators they could. Two weeks later, after most people got power back, ALMOST every warm body was struggling to sell their lightly used, but recent purchase. Most people live pay check to pay check and the prospect of a market saturated with cheap quick sell mags, ammo, and ARs is absolutely delicious.

Yep, but with places like Spike's quoting 8-12 months for lowers and complete rifles pre-paid I doubt new or used prices will fully normalize any time soon.

Top Bottom