• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I visited the shop yesterday. The lady owner was very nice and friendly.

My only MAJOR complaint is their, "No Loaded Firearms" policy... I likely won't be going back to a self defense store that frowns upon concealed carry. I left my CCW in the car, against my better judgement. I loath shops that don't allow CCW. I understand not being allowed to take it out my holster, but telling people they can't have one at all is just hypocritical. And although they say, "No loaded" firearms, an unloaded gun is the same as no gun at all. They are well on their way to alienating the type of customers they are trying to attract IMHO.

Their selection of most prepper items was small.

Thing I would have bought if they had them:
    - Compression sleeping bags
    - Quality Hatchets/Cutlery
    - Breaching tools
    - Bivy Sacks/Small Tents
    - Ceramic filters, for 5gal bucket setups
    - MRE's
    - Freeze Dried Food Stuffs
    - Canteens/Water Storage containers
    - Military surplus ammo cans/fuel cans
    - Military surplus tarps/canopy shades/parachutes
    - Camp Shovels
    - More fire starting options... (hell you can sell steel wool and 9v batteries in a kit)
    - Technolgy solutions such as solar pannel battery and small device chargers

All in all the shop has potential... Not that I need one, but I didn't even see pre-configured survival packages or pre-built BOBs.

Again, I probably won't shop there again unless they change their policies concerning CCW. I think if they get more inventory diversity and more inventory that prepers would want, I think it could become a great shop.

I open carry there every time I am there. Those signs are generally just to keep insurance man happy. I semi conceal at Bradis with no issues.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    It is time to look at the Bags
    Weather it is getting home or away from it, we will explore a range of bags and their purpose and how they can help you be prepared to be on the go when needed
    Class by Walt
    1 to 3 people $5.00, 4th and more $5.00 ea
    Prepper prize at the end of class

Thurs, 8-29-13 7pm to 9pm

Last edited:

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    We will be cutting the bag class a little short this week, the last 30 minutes we will be handing things over to fellow Ingo member Krogo so he can touch on the subject of ham radio and info needed to take the test for the licensing needed to use it

Last edited:

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    It is time to look at the Bags
    Weather it is getting home or away from it, we will explore a range of bags and their purpose and how they can help you be prepared to be on the go when needed
    Class by Walt
    1 to 3 people $5.00, 4th and more $5.00 ea
    Prepper prize at the end of class

Thurs, 8-29-13 7pm to 9pm

Reminder bump

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Good Bag class tonight
    And want to THANK Krogo for the Ham info. Looks like we will be having a test soon and this will be a learning experience, that or I will pass
    We will up date the info when it is all set

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    It was a good class and the ham info Krogo supplied was very good

Fire is next Thur Sept,5 at 7pm
    Maybe you can make it to that one

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Bump for the Fire class tomorrow 7 to 8 ish
    Bring what ya got and share if you have something different. If it works it works !

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    I am proud to announce that we are now working with Pathfinder School to bring more to the shop. That's right, anything from Dave Canterbury Pathfinder School is now available at or thru ISD. I know our friendship will help make a lot more gear and information available to everyone. If you need anything from Pathfinder School just let us know, almost all items can be at the shop the next day. We will start stocking items during the next few days and build from there.
    Thanks,
    Walt

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    I am willing to TEACH ANYONE, ANYTHING I KNOW, as long as you are on MY side when SHTF..... I am also WILLING to LEARN from ANYONE who KNOWS something, that I don't !!!!!

Hope to see you the 21st,1pm nuclear fallout. This is a very informative class.

Top Bottom