• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    My Lee perfect powder measure has not been working worth a damn. So, I charged my cases tonight using a powder trickler instead. I was able to charge in the same amount of time and was dead on every time. Later when I have the money I'll try a different powder measure.

upchurch67

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    I load on a Dillon RL550B. I love the press, but the powder measure leaves something to be desired when it comes to charge accuracy. Especially when using long grain extruded powders. My standard practice for loading rifle cartridges is to set the charge coming from the powder measure short, dump on my scale and top off using a RCBS trickler.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the same powder measure and find it to be quite finicky. With unique for example I have to tap (the same process with each load) when dumping or I can get up to .3-.4 gr. difference from charge to charge. I also found with unique I have to keep the hopper full. I can't use it with H110 (too fine) it seeps out around the handle and throws inconsistant charges. Since the H110 loads are usually hunting loads I want them to be dead on. I made some dippers and trickle to the perfect charge. I also will be looking for a better measure that can handle ball powders.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    My Lee perfect powder measure has not been working worth a damn. So, I charged my cases tonight using a powder trickler instead. I was able to charge in the same amount of time and was dead on every time. Later when I have the money I'll try a different powder measure.

I found that I'm able to produce consistent loads with Tite Group, but Clays is a totally different story.

I did has a different issue that I will put in another thread to avoid jacking yours.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i use a cheap inaccurate lee powder dump. but i set it .5 gr low and trickle to the desired wieght. thats why i dont care how accurate my powder dump is. for precision rifles trickling is the only way to go

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    I've always had trouble with Unique powder metering consistantly in my RCBS p m. I've recently purchased a baffle for my powder measure they say it helps dump even loads when your powder level changes. i'am also experimenting with different powders. So far 2400 dumped really nice. but the jury's still out. I plan on reloading rifles soon and i'm goin with a trickler.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I found that I'm able to produce consistent loads with Tite Group, but Clays is a totally different story.

I did has a different issue that I will put in another thread to avoid jacking yours.

I'm using TiteGroup as well. The funny thing is, in the beggining it was pretty accurate. Now it's not consistent at all. Every other charge is heavy or light.

Top Bottom