• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    https://www.indystar.com/story/opin...nd-community-unite-handgun-course/1084860002/

Thought I would put this as a positive idea.

I have taken this class about 4 years back and found it helpful in building confidence and safe gun handling.

I read this in this morning's Indy Star, however the paper and the online article do not match 100%. I scanned and applied a picture of the article from the newspaper. Not sure if this is ok or not. Mods please advise or make changes if need be.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I like seeing articles about that class, even if the online and print versions are different.

I also feel the need to say that Craig Fouts once pasted me in the back with about half a dozen airsoft pellets during a tactics class with Louis Awerbuck. Each and every one of them broke the skin through a concealment shirt and a tshirt. I learned a lesson about leaving my back exposed to an area I was not watching!

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    That was the same class that I learned about making assumptions and how those assumptions can get you shot.

I like seeing articles about that class, even if the online and print versions are different.

I also feel the need to say that Craig Fouts once pasted me in the back with about half a dozen airsoft pellets during a tactics class with Louis Awerbuck. Each and every one of them broke the skin through a concealment shirt and a tshirt. I learned a lesson about leaving my back exposed to an area I was not watching!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That was the same class that I learned about making assumptions and how those assumptions can get you shot.

I got shot a bunch of times during that particular class (as well as every other time we did it). I think it was the same class when Louis lit me up when I was trying to save the baby and he also took a little chunk out of my forearm when I thought I was using cover effectively. I really miss that dude.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In a perfect world, this would be awesome, but in flawed one, that's a lot a liability for a department to take on.

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    I got shot a bunch of times during that particular class (as well as every other time we did it). I think it was the same class when Louis lit me up when I was trying to save the baby and he also took a little chunk out of my forearm when I thought I was using cover effectively. I really miss that dude.

Amen, brother amen.

BKahuna

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2017
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Anyone have any info on signing up for this? All the Google links I found are dead. I couldn't find anything on the Boone County sheriff's website either...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Faff
    Top Bottom