• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    My understanding is that they have a location and are going through the zoning process.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oops - perhaps a clarification. They probably haven't actually bought a site, yet. In Carmel, I believe they got an option, then went through the process. If the process ends poorly - no range - then they don't want to be left owning the property. That's pretty standard.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Just drove by the Greenwood site, they are about to pour concrete! Rebar is down and there are guys working right now.

I don't know how long it takes to complete a building like this, but I'd guess we'll be shooting by fall.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well, color me more uninformed. :) I didn't realize they were already pouring concrete.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Well, color me more uninformed. :) I didn't realize they were already pouring concrete.

I need to clarify my statement. With the rebar installed, they are ready to pour concrete. They were not in process when I drove by but it should be any time now.

Are they putting it here:

View attachment 39067

Yes. They've excavated the whole lot so it should be a decent sized facility. 8 minutes from my house. Cue the banana.

:banana:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That is a great location for me. About 15 minutes from where I live. Close enough to be convenient, not close enough that I'd go too often and bankrupt myself buying ammo... :):

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I need to clarify my statement. With the rebar installed, they are ready to pour concrete. They were not in process when I drove by but it should be any time now.

Yes. They've excavated the whole lot so it should be a decent sized facility. 8 minutes from my house. Cue the banana.
    :banana:

My wife really hates to hear those words! But, in this case, she'd be fine with it if she can shoot too.

cctwcc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Bargersville
    I was told November/December timeline.. Great to have someplace close but after my experience there a couple of weeks ago not sure what to think. I was asked to fold up my target before hanging so I didn't skip a bullet off of the floor?? If I didn't know better I would say they have never been involved in a range before. Shoot toward the bottom of a target hung at 5 yards on a 25 yard range and it's impossible not to hit the floor before the backstop, correct me if I'm wrong.. The place is beautiful and it appears they think they are going to keep it that way.. I"m not saying they should let people trash the place but I think they would be well advised to look at the simple mechanics of what is going on.

BoxingRef

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Cincy
    I used to live about 5-10 minutes from the Point Blank in Blue Ash (north side of Cincinnati). Nice, clean shop, with reasonable, albeit not the cheapest, prices.

I stop at the Blue Ash store about two or three times a week when driving to work.
    No real attitudes with the staff and or, "Range Officers"

Good place for kids in my opinion to learn to shoot.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I can't wait till they open. One of the guys at the Carmel location said they expect it to open in the fall. I already bought a membership, driving up North until the Greenwood location is open. Great range and good people, expect this location to be more of the same :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    When is this gonna be open already!?

This is just a guess, as I haven't spoken to anyone at Point Blank about it since I posted in June, but I would think it would be open in the next 30 days or so. The last time I drove by, it looked like it was in good shape. Maybe one of the guys from the Carmel location will post something more specific :)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm really looking forward to this. As much as I love shooting at MCFG, sometimes it's just a bit far to squeeze a range trip in at lunch for me. The coming colder weather sure makes this look good too.

Top Bottom