• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Best Pocket Pistol (Kel-Tec vs. Ruger) ?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    A guy on another forum was doing a small test with the .380 on wet phone books.
    I don't know what the round or gun was but the bullet BOUNCED OFF.

Not exactly confidence inspiring.

rcflyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Had a Kel-Tec PF9 with a Laser. Very easy to pocket carry. But, first time I shot it had 2 FTF on first mag. Traded it to a retired sheriff. It was for his wife. I wouldnt recommend one.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I didnt get to vote, but I have a LCP for my back pocket. Sits in a molded Stoner case that looks like a wallet. Can't even tell.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My choice

:ar15:You all will probably have a good laugh with this one, but when I can't cover my colt 1911, or Ruger p95dc. A have a little CZ in .32 acp that I have a very hot 85 grn HP that I reload myself, maybe not the best pocket gun but I dought anyone would volunteer as a bullet catcher. And the gun is built like a tank!

sam2007

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    Kel Tec PF 9

Had a Kel-Tec PF9 with a Laser. Very easy to pocket carry. But, first time I shot it had 2 FTF on first mag. Traded it to a retired sheriff. It was for his wife. I wouldnt recommend one.

I have heard this before and I do not get it. I have a couple year old PF-9 that has functioned absolutely flawlessly. I carry it daily and only do basic cleaning. I have shot a number of different loads through it including standard off the shelf +p JHP and tons of reloads from Brass Kings. I have not had a single failure to feed. In fact after reading some of these postings I played around at the range and tried to "limp wrist" the PF 9 and still could no induce a failure. I don't know if I just got lucky and purchased a pistol from a good lot or what, but I would not hesitate to carry this PF 9 anytime. It has been 100% reliable and it is so easy to carry there is never a reason to leave it at home.

cklein6576

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    South Bend, Worst. Mayor. Ever.
    A have a little CZ in .32 acp that I have a very hot 85 grn HP that I reload myself, maybe not the best pocket gun but I dought anyone would volunteer as a bullet catcher. And the gun is built like a tank!

Everytime someone says so and so sucks I think the same thing. Anyone want to stand infront of a hi-point 380 and see if it hurts?

Buy what you will carry and feel comfortable with. With that said I got rid of my p3at and got a ruger.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    Bullets hurt period. Go with what ever you will never leave home without! Had great customer service from Kel-Tec. Sent my P3AT in for service and they upgraded everything but the frame to the current generation.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Everytime someone says so and so sucks I think the same thing. Anyone want to stand infront of a hi-point 380 and see if it hurts?

Buy what you will carry and feel comfortable with. With that said I got rid of my p3at and got a ruger.
    FTR I think .380 is adequate, but that argument doesn't stand. there are plenty of things I wouldnt want to be hit with that wouldn't be a practical carry weapon: a rock, slingshot, getting poked with a pen, a broken bottle, etc.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hey I'm just haveing fun here...because the little 32 doesn't get much respect. But this little CZ 70 of mine will put every thing in silohette at 25 yrds. I like to call it the poor man's Walther because of it's resemblence.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    We could go with a scenario like this:
    Two guns, a .380 and a .357 Mag. You are going to get shot. You choose which gun you want to be shot with.....lol

ozzie9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    Goshen
    Have always been a fan of the Smith J frame, that is untel I got my Sig P238. This hands down the most comfortable hide out I have ever had !!!

Top Bottom