• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    call 1-800-tip-idnr and report it , they will take care and find your trespasser
    if they put a stand up they will be back and the CO will be waiting on them

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I find stands all the time on property that my family owns. Just take it down and keep it for yourself. They cant put it there and its on your land, they wont even try to get it back, and if they do the cops will laugh at them. I have actually had that one happen. Guy saw me carrying his stand out of the woods and putting it in my truck. Long story short he called the cops, they came and wrote him a fine for tresspassing and I kept the stand. His name wasnt on it and it was on my property, so it became mine. He was an idiot.

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    In the past 4 years I have picked up 5 or 6 stands this way, I dont own the land but I am the only person allowed to be on it. We called a CO and he told the land owner that if they're on his property then they are his. So each year when I find a new one I go get him and we take it down and he gives them all to me

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Options:
    1) Place your No Hunting/No Trespassing sign on it
    2) Spray paint it pink
    3) Move it higher into the tree so that he/she needs to bring a 30 foot extension ladder to get it down
    4) Buy a trail cam (they're nice to have anyway) and take the photos you get to the police dept.

I would do all of the above!!! :yesway:

revolvers&w

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Albany
    I think they wanted to be sure you had a nice stand and left it for tou.
    Take it down, Pi ss and spill coffee in the area if they return they won't get your game. Enjoy your new stand!!!:rockwoot:

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Same here, I put them in the old grain bin on the farm. Don't climb trees anymore but some day I might need one for the grandson or something. Got two waiting for him as of last count. Have not found a nailed on stand for a long time. The land next to us is owned by an older gentleman and I think he must have leased it or gave permission for some one to hunt it. He's never allowed hunting there before. Years ago we had it surveyed and the steel fence posts the surveyor use dare still there and we paint them every year. I guess the new leasers or whomever must have thought I might come onto "their" property so they put up no trespassing signs about every 20 yards. Makes me no never mind, I don't need their land to hunt, but they came a good 20 feet onto our land and nailed a sign onto a marketable black cherry tree. Go figure.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Double check the location and make 100% certain it is on your property. If it is, then take it down. Sell it on Craigslist, its yours. I'm willing to bet that whoever put a brand new deer stand up in your woods, is probably a rookie hunter and has no idea he's trespassing on private property. That's no excuse though, so take it down. Do not booby trap it or leave it in place...if the idiot falls out of it and breaks his neck on your property, his next of kins will probably sue you. So take it down.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    take a hacksaw and cut the top rung so it is barely hanging on and then put a vietnam style boobie trap where the poacher is gonna fall....jk...i dont know what to do but i would definitely take the stand and list it on craigslist but this is just me

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    i dont know but this might escalate to something else and you are at a disadvantage if your opponent has an elevated position at the beginning of shotgun season
    Camo yourself all up and hide near the tree stand. Let them climb into stand and get comfortable. Call LEO's and tell them there is an armed trespasser on your property. Remove their ladder and wait for cops.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    Take the stand. Leave a note on the tree explaining that they are tresspassing and your phone number and that you would like to explain to them property lines and the laws reguarding them, and the return of the stand. Very doubtfull they woud ever call.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Yeah. Its clearly on our property, with the line clearly marked, I've got dozens of no hunting/trepassing signs all over that place. Im going back out in a few hours, its a remote place and about a mile hike from the nearest road to it, if its there, its coming down.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    i dont know but this might escalate to something else and you are at a disadvantage if your opponent has an elevated position at the beginning of shotgun season

Stuck in a tree in a known position is nothing like "having the high ground". Seriously. Don't try that at home. If you want to test my theory, do it with paintballs and tell me how it works out for you.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    My friend had 3 at one time locked in his barn because of these guys. He gives them to his hunting friends. He use to leave notes on the trees to contact owner but they never did.
    Keep it.
    It would be fun to get a bear costume and sit up there(only if he shows right away) but then again, your in a bear costume and he's shooting things....No.
    You could prop a road kill deer up there holding a fake gun. Orange hat.
    That would do it for me.

Your property - You can (almost) do what you want to. :):

Top Bottom