• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Y'all ever had one break? First 3 gun match, 3Gun Nation rifle qualifier stage... Shoot 3 targets, move & mandatory reload, shoot 3 targets. Pulled the second mag on the move and had trouble seating it. Finally got it seated and then had multiple double feeds. Pulled the mag and noticed this...

New mag, first time being used. So anybody else done this? Could it have been I whacked it on the magwell and broke the lip, or pulled it too quickly from a too-tight mag holder? It was about 20-25 degrees, do these get brittle? I just emailed Magpul, I'll update when I hear back. Not mad or anything, just curious... Not like I was hoping for first or anything. Thanks for any feedback.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Of the 10 pack I ordered Dec. 2012 none will hold the ammo in the mag. The top 5 -7 rounds will slip or pop out. Mine seem to bow outward where yours broke. I haven't tried to contact PMAG.

bob190e

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2010
    Valparaiso
    Try to contact Magpul they should replace the damaged mag. I have never had a Pmag break, but I do have several that fit tight in the magwell and do not drop freely when the mag release in pressed. I have 8 pmags, but find that I use my Lancer mags more.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    I had the seam on the spine of 2 PMAGs break and split open. Magpul replaced them no problem. I have yet to see a repeat breakage. No mag is perfect, some are better than others. YMMV

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    One of our department armorers bought a bunch of them. We have had several break both with the feed lips and the seam at the back towards the top start to rip from the top.

I won't use them and don't think they are all that like some do.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Response from Magpul:

Thank you for contacting us. Broken PMAGs are actually extremely rare; however, defective ones do pop up now and again. Email me your shipping address plus the type (windows?) of that PMAG and we will get a replacement sent out along with a pre-paid return label for the old one. Please be sure to provide the information requested in the attached sheet and include it with the product upon return. Just a heads up we are only producing black mags so the replacements will be black. Please note the replacements will be the MOE PMAG and does not come with a dustcover any more so keep your old dust covers.

Thank you,

The Magpul Team

I'm happy with that. I'll be interested to see if the other mag I bought at the same time has any issues. Side question - for those of you who don't like PMAGS, what would you recommend? Again, just curious. Thanks for the replies y'all.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Of the 10 pack I ordered Dec. 2012 none will hold the ammo in the mag. The top 5 -7 rounds will slip or pop out. Mine seem to bow outward where yours broke. I haven't tried to contact PMAG.

Why in heaven's name haven't you? Even pre-crazy prices, that's over $100 in mags. I'd be certainly livid if mine didn't work.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    There have been several broken Pmags brought up in this thread. The one pictured was made this year. I'm wondering when the others were made.
    The newest ones I have were made in '09. That would make them Gen 2, I think?? Not sure about that.

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    With a smile...

Response from Magpul:

Thank you for contacting us. Broken PMAGs are actually extremely rare; however, defective ones do pop up now and again. Email me your shipping address plus the type (windows?) of that PMAG and we will get a replacement sent out along with a pre-paid return label for the old one. Please be sure to provide the information requested in the attached sheet and include it with the product upon return. Just a heads up we are only producing black mags so the replacements will be black. Please note the replacements will be the MOE PMAG and does not come with a dustcover any more so keep your old dust covers.

That is customer service friends! I am most impressed. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you,

The Magpul Team

I'm happy with that. I'll be interested to see if the other mag I bought at the same time has any issues. Side question - for those of you who don't like PMAGS, what would you recommend? Again, just curious. Thanks for the replies y'all.

That is customer service friends! Most impressive.

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Another one here who has a pile of G2's and a few G3's. I've never had a problem with any of them.... yet. I keep most of them loaded BUT, I have to say I've never dropped a fully or partially loaded mag to the ground either. From what I'm gathering, it broke just from you trying to seat it, or is it possible it was broken before your reload and you didn't know it?

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    From what I'm gathering, it broke just from you trying to seat it, or is it possible it was broken before your reload and you didn't know it?
    Yeah, it's possible. Reload was on the clock & on the move; I didn't look at the mag until I realized it was double feeding and there was no chance of finishing the stage. I'm pretty sure it broke in the course of the stage because I found the piece of polymer after (which I managed to leave somewhere at the range). Could've been broke in the mag holder I guess. The mag itself had been dropped on the ground at most once, at unload and show clear the stage before.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    this is a very interesting thread. I guess I've only heard from the kool-aid crowd when it comes to PMAGs --- that they are the end-all, be-all for AR mags.
    Good to know their customer service is up to par! but bad to hear that multiple people on here have had issues with their mags.
    Thanks for posting this.

Top Bottom