• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    A few years ago I was at a gun show and saw some plastic tubes with thread on caps, that the seller implied was for long term gun storage. Does anyone know where I might find one in the Indy area?

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Not my pic but I just used PVC to store my shotgun when traveling. Stick the tube in a fold bag chair bag and you can walk around anywhere you want.

Not my pic
    541E2227-324E-4776-BFD0-764ADA0E8FC0_zpskgllf776.jpg

My pic, also I added some Magpul sling attachment to the tube and use the sling for the shotgun to carry it around.
    257834D2-BF8A-4AB5-83D4-7BF9CAD453E5_zpsgkicpfra.jpg

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My intended purpose is a bit different. My dad has some minor mobility issues. When we go on our annual fishing trip I have to make multiple trips up/down the bank to get our gear down to the water. So I am devising a plan to use a collapsible 2 wheel dolly to haul tackle boxes, small cooler and a tube to slip fishing rods down into so I only have to make one trip. I suppose a pvc pipe would do the job. I will have to go see what the largest diameter pipe I can find is.

Nitro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2017
    Columbus
    A few years ago I was at a gun show and saw some plastic tubes with thread on caps, that the seller implied was for long term gun storage. Does anyone know where I might find one in the Indy area?

SO what is the point of it?? What is the difference of that and the firearm being in a case? Just trying to picture this is all.....

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    My intended purpose is a bit different. My dad has some minor mobility issues. When we go on our annual fishing trip I have to make multiple trips up/down the bank to get our gear down to the water. So I am devising a plan to use a collapsible 2 wheel dolly to haul tackle boxes, small cooler and a tube to slip fishing rods down into so I only have to make one trip. I suppose a pvc pipe would do the job. I will have to go see what the largest diameter pipe I can find is.
    I have a few of those too for fishing rods. Without the reels on them you'll need 3 inch pipe, with reels you'll need something closer to 6 inches.

Nitro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2017
    Columbus
    PVC comes in some pretty impressive sizes...and as their intended purpose implies can be made water tight.

I didn't think about the water tight aspect. I guess you could bury a bunch of firearms in your back yard for some dooms day prepping. Or bury them in other locations. But if you are just going to store the firearm I would just by a cheap case for $25.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I didn't think about the water tight aspect. I guess you could bury a bunch of firearms in your back yard for some dooms day prepping. Or bury them in other locations. But if you are just going to store the firearm I would just by a cheap case for $25.

Oh I agree and have no interest or desire to bury anything. As stated a few posts back, I intend to use it to transport multiple fishing rods

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

I've never seriously considered burying a weapon...if I need a weapon the last place I want it to be is underground somewhere, if we're hiding them from the government then it's past time to have used them already.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN

Where are you located? We have scrap pipe at our shop in Whitestown 1/2" to 48". What size do you need and if you are close I will hook you up.:ingo:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Where are you located? We have scrap pipe at our shop in Whitestown 1/2" to 48". What size do you need and if you are close I will hook you up.:ingo:

I'm in Indy, my brother may not know yet but I have liberated a piece of 8" pvc from him. I am going to stack everything on the cart and see if I am on the right track tomorrow.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    Not my pic but I just used PVC to store my shotgun when traveling. Stick the tube in a fold bag chair bag and you can walk around anywhere you want.

Not my pic
    541E2227-324E-4776-BFD0-764ADA0E8FC0_zpskgllf776.jpg

My pic, also I added some Magpul sling attachment to the tube and use the sling for the shotgun to carry it around.
    257834D2-BF8A-4AB5-83D4-7BF9CAD453E5_zpsgkicpfra.jpg

That's a pretty slick set up you've got! Make Shotguns Great Again!

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    That's a pretty slick set up you've got! Make Shotguns Great Again!
    Thank you. Fun store, a friend of mine wanted a extra shotgun to bring to a shotgun match. He ended up leaving it at home because he thought it was a bag chair that was in the pile of thing to take to the match, he did want to carry more stuff. If it fooled him it will fool anyone :D

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Biggest concern I would have with that is if spotted someone might mistake it for a rather large pipe bomb. That might be tough to explain when you are face down spread eagle with guns trained on you

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Biggest concern I would have with that is if spotted someone might mistake it for a rather large pipe bomb. That might be tough to explain when you are face down spread eagle with guns trained on you

There's already a crapload of things like this out there.
    People use pipes like this to weight down dining flies, store camping gear, etc.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom