• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    These guys better be careful with what they find out about this issue. If they find that Obama does not meet the qualifications to run for the Presidency, Al Gore may sue for a recount of the votes and claim that he won the election, not BHO! :laugh:

rcuhljr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Carmel
    /cough

birth_certificate_3.jpg

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis

Yes, this is authentic, as far as it goes. All that is required to get a copy like this is for a family member to declare that you were born in Hawaii. This is a generated copy created in 2007, not a copy of the original long form, so it proves nothing really.

P.S. This is a printed copy on 8 1/2 x 11.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    How long do you think it would take me to turn out what you just showed on my laser printer. That image proves nothing.

Mind you, the most likely case is that Obama was born in Hawaii as claimed. However, images on the internet are not proof, not even evidence, of that.

rcuhljr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Carmel
    How long do you think it would take me to turn out what you just showed on my laser printer. That image proves nothing.

Not that long, but it would take you a bit longer to get the state health director to publicly verify it as real though.

The document meets all state department requirements to prove citizenship so I'm not sure what you plan to prove beyond that?

If there was any validity in the accusations they would stand up, instead of getting laughed aside. Hawaii doesn't have a way to request a copy of the long form instead of getting a copy of a short form, and frankly I'm not that concerned if he doesn't have his original form, I don't have mine anymore I just have a copy.

Also Hoosier do you have a reference that all it takes to become a citizen of the U.S. is to have a relative claim you were born here with no proof? Because there's a lot of immigrants interested in your idea.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Not that long, but it would take you a bit longer to get the state health director to publicly verify it as real though.

The document meets all state department requirements to prove citizenship so I'm not sure what you plan to prove beyond that?

If there was any validity in the accusations they would stand up, instead of getting laughed aside. Hawaii doesn't have a way to request a copy of the long form instead of getting a copy of a short form, and frankly I'm not that concerned if he doesn't have his original form, I don't have mine anymore I just have a copy.

Also Hoosier do you have a reference that all it takes to become a citizen of the U.S. is to have a relative claim you were born here with no proof? Because there's a lot of immigrants interested in your idea.

Read what I wrote, I was responding to the image you presented. It's not evidence of anything.

I did not address the overall question (except to say that Obama probably was born where he claims), merely the validity of that piece of "evidence."

As for the State Health Director's statement, his statement is probably entirely valid. However, in the event that it's not, he wouldn't be the first public official suborned for lesser causes than this.

Finally, the "there's no procedure for requesting...." that's a pure red-herring. Court subpoena trumps "no procedure." If the court decides it doesn't need the documents, fine, but if the court orders they be provided "no procedure" is not an acceptable answer (just like "the question was about sex" is not an acceptable excuse for lying in court, under oath).

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    A "Certificate of Live Birth" is not the same as a "Birth Certificate".
    The first is usually used if a child was not born at the hospital - eg: in a car/cab/ambulance on the way to the hospital. (Happens more that you might think).

The child in that instance is "usually" not delivered by a doctor - who would "certify" that a child was born at said hospital at a certain day/time.
    (And there would be no record of procedures/drugs(?)/instruments/supplies/personnel, etc. used.) Although, once at the hospital, the baby would be examined, weighed, measured, printed. blood typed, etc. and a record of THAT would be made for "the record".

rcuhljr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Carmel
    A "Certificate of Live Birth" is not the same as a "Birth Certificate".
    The first is usually used if a child was not born at the hospital - eg: in a car/cab/ambulance on the way to the hospital. (Happens more that you might think).

The child in that instance is "usually" not delivered by a doctor - who would "certify" that a child was born at said hospital at a certain day/time.
    (And there would be no record of procedures/drugs(?)/instruments/supplies/personnel, etc. used.) Although, once at the hospital, the baby would be examined, weighed, measured, printed. blood typed, etc. and a record of THAT would be made for "the record".

Where do you guys make this crap up from?

In 1946 that responsibility was passed to the U.S. Public Health Service. Unlike the British system of recording all births in "registers", the states file an individual document for each and every birth. In most states, this document was, and still is, entitled a "Certificate of Live Birth". [3][4]

Ala wiki with citations from the section on birth certificates.

Finally, the "there's no procedure for requesting...." that's a pure red-herring. Court subpoena trumps "no procedure."

I said nothing about what a court can do, I was referring to the fact that the copy he has is of the short form, not the longer form. He doesn't have any way to request a copy of the longer form from Hawaii.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It sounds like SCOTUS will at least hear the merits of the case and decide if they'll hear the case itself. It only takes four of them saying "I want to hear more." to make that happen.

Merit of doing so:
    The Court could settle the question of his eligibility once and for all.
    This would serve justice, especially if he is found ineligible.

Problem with doing so:
    The Court could settle the question of his eligibility once and for all.
    This would cause huge riots only if he is found ineligible.

I'm not sure which way they'll go, but both the Roberts/Thomas/Scalia/Alito and the Stevens/Ginsburg/Souter/Breyer blocs might have an interest in going either way, to say nothing of the weather vane, Kennedy.

My guess is that they'll hear the case. I'd also not bet against them finding some loophole to avoid giving a definitive answer as to his eligibility.

Blessings,
    B

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    *siGH* me thinks its time for bed for me.

Bed? Sleep? Whats that?

Personally I hope they prove him ineligible (Prolly not gonna happen), people riot, then step back and say, oh :poop: , what did we do? Guess we'll have another 2 year election... Hey Colin Powell!!

Not that it would ever go down like that but one can dream... right? :n00b: Guess that requires sleeping, huh? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom