Percentage of minorities or women serving in office??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    Does anyone have a list/graph of the minorities and women serving in the dem, rep, and lib party currently (after election results)

it really shouldnt matter as a talking point IF this nation is truly post racism but its not. im sick of being called a racist b/c i did not vote for Obama even though ive voted in the past for other blacks or minorities.

Can a mod edit my title?

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    It doesn't matter, if you are Caucasian some folks will label you a "racist" if they believe that by them doing so they can marginalize you &/or your political view point.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Im not sure about women/minorities, but I heard for the first time in over 50 years, no Jewish republicans were elected.

I wont attribute this to any form of Racism as America is very... Pro-Israel especially on the Republican side, but purely coinicidence.

As to the question at hand.... If someone calls you a racist, throw in the tidbit that over 30% of Caucasians voted Obama in, and without THEY'RE support, he'd still be a senator; However, over 90% of the minorities voted for Obama, does that mean they are racist?

The Double standards of America are nothing to joke about, point and check Comedians, how a minority comedian can make any joke about various ethnicities, but the second a White comedian does, it's time to censor him/her, give him fines and blast his career into the ground.

Nappy headed hoes, anyone? Remember that? Anyone watch the disgusting comedian Chris Rock spout his "Comedy"?

"Racist/Racism" are typically used to demonize and attack another person when reality cannot back up the opinion of the leftist agenda. It's the keyword, boogyman term to shut down a political opponent.

Look at Jan Brewer, a saint in person has been demonized for doing what the majority of Americans want.

I could go on and on about this comparatives, but I think you get the point, and I feel bad that you have taken this to heart, just another victim of the Marxist/trotsky.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    well im not cut to the heart offended or anything. i find it funny really. i was just curious if there actually was more minorites or women on the right parties than those that spew the remarks that everyone else is racist.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Does anyone have a list/graph of the minorities and women serving in the dem, rep, and lib party currently (after election results)

it really shouldnt matter as a talking point IF this nation is truly post racism but its not. im sick of being called a racist b/c i did not vote for Obama even though ive voted in the past for other blacks or minorities.

Can a mod edit my title?

Fixed your title...

Did someone actually call you -- to your face -- a racist for "not voting for President Obama?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well... I've been called a racist for not letting a drunk urban fella barrow my lawn morrow...

What does this random story have to do with my question to the OP?

Thats a good question. Take Tim Scott for example.

Vote Tim Scott

"Tim Scott will fight against government takeover of health care"

Will this guy be called a racist because he is against Barry's agenda?

I'm not sure. I must admit I did not open your link, but if it's not an article with a named person calling him racist, this has nothing to do with my question to the OP. If I am wrong and your link directs readers to such a story I will be glad to read it.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Fixed your title...

Did someone actually call you -- to your face -- a racist for "not voting for President Obama?

I did hear arguments of that nature leading up to the last presidential election both as acusations hurled at people who did not support Obama and as justification for not supporting him. The people advocating those positions were not people that I respect.

Locally our government runs about 1/3 female but no minorities. Minorities make up about .8% of the population. Across the border in Edgar County they elected their first ever minority sheriff in a county where minorities are only about 2% of the population.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Fixed your title...

uh, actually in line at the polls on Tuesday :) but i took it with a grain of salt because of what i heard him saying to the person in line in front of me. The man contradicted himself several times. Seeing this man was probably in his mid 70's, wisdom does not come with age.

Also, time and time again, that arguement does get used in the internet setting when people know they dont have to answer to it face to face. go to any political video on youtube. i know many of the people are just trolling. but the large majority, i think, really feel that way.

i had an ongoing argument with some one for several days about a "restore honor rally" video. the guy honestly believed that everyone there had to be racist because a majority of the people there were white. (ignoring the fact that a majority of people ARE white)

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    uh, actually in line at the polls on Tuesday :) but i took it with a grain of salt because of what i heard him saying to the person in line in front of me. The man contradicted himself several times. Seeing this man was probably in his mid 70's, wisdom does not come with age.

Also, time and time again, that arguement does get used in the internet setting when people know they dont have to answer to it face to face. go to any political video on youtube. i know many of the people are just trolling. but the large majority, i think, really feel that way.

i had an ongoing argument with some one for several days about a "restore honor rally" video. the guy honestly believed that everyone there had to be racist because a majority of the people there were white. (ignoring the fact that a majority of people ARE white)

A lot of rascist arguments also get spouted face to face when the spouter mistakenly believes that everyone present agrees with them. ;)

Top Bottom