Pellet Rifle Plinking from the Deck FTW!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I picked up a new Benjamin Nitro Piston .22 Pellet rifle a few months ago and finally got around to taking her out for a spin...

This has become an awesome little rifle to shoot from the deck at my house. We have just under two acres, and I can shoot from my deck (walkout basement, so it elevated) down toward the woods and plink all day.

Right now I just shoot boxes and cans in my burn pile, but I'm thinking of getting some little targets. Any suggestions?

It does shoot only one pellet per load, but it is fun for target practice... and cheap!

Here's a photo of what she looks like:

airgundepot_2152_41622792

http://www.airgundepot.com/crosman-npss-22-in-carbon-fiber.html#

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    You can hang small steel targets here and there, various sizes for easy and difficult shots. You can buy or make a trap box and hang targets in it.

With head shots you can take out opossums, chipmunks, psycho squirrels, blue jays, crows, starlings.

I have a Beeman R9 .177 and use Crosman 7.9 domed pellets, its a :D time

Thanks for reminding me, need to get to pyramidair.com and order new ammo.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    That's awesome! One of my summer projects is to set up a pellet trap out by the garden. Its only about 75' away, but should make for a little fun. A metal "gong" would make for some nice on-target feedback.

ewoodworth1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    ne indianapolis
    i see that other pests have been mentioned, but i am going to go ahead and say it... the neighbors yappy little lap dogs. more specifically, schitz zus, maltese, etc. (the types my cats could snack on)

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Sorry, I won't snipe a neighbors pet. If said pet invades my property and attacks me or my dog that's different. But just to snipe a pet because its owner is irresponsible enough to let it yap endlessly for no reason is wrong.
    The owner needs the lesson not the pet.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    i see that other pests have been mentioned, but i am going to go ahead and say it... the neighbors yappy little lap dogs. more specifically, schitz zus, maltese, etc. (the types my cats could snack on)

I know this was a tongue in cheek statement, but everytime my wife complains about the neighbors' little yappy dog I just say, "pellet rifle." At first she just looked at me and said, "yeah right." Then I explained how I'd open of the slider to the deck about 6 inches, keep the curtains drawn other than the opening, sit way back in the room on the couch with a shooting lane set up and how quiet it would be...

I think there are days where she almost wishes I was serious.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Tank Wars. Get yourself some cheap die cast tanks and shoot them. A bit of dirt and sand for terrain and you have yourself a really nice WWII tank battle diorama

Top Bottom