• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I’ve always been a console guy but have recently been thinking about getting a PC to play Hell Let Loose and some other similar games. I don’t know a lot about the performance of some of the components, but would this be enough to reliably run for most games?

16gb ram
    512ssd
    1tbhdd
    Intel i7 6700
    GeForce 1050 ti 4gb

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    I was drawn in by your thread title, but I'm of no use answering your question. I'm still rocking a Win7 rig I built in late-2009. I discovered the world's most perfect computer game, Diablo II, while in college in the early-2000s and never stopped playing it. My 14.5 y/o computer still runs it just fine to this day.

All that being said, you might look online for a computer gaming fps calculator website. Might be able to find one that can tell you what to expect from certain hardware. Cheers!

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I don't know the requirements for that game, but I would recommend going with an Nvidia RTX. GTX is officially unsupported as of a few weeks ago. You don't need a 4000 series as those are really expensive right now. A 2000 series would still better than that 1050. It also depends on resolution you want. 4K ultra @ 120 htz, 4GB will likely not be enough. 1080 (2K by the way) @ 30 or 60 htz, that's more realistic as more resolution will require a larger frame buffer.

That CPU is a 6th generation quad core that's hyperthreaded @ 3.4Ghz with a turbo-boost of 4.0Ghz. It also doesn't produce that much heat at around 65 watts. That's decent spec wise, however if you go with Windows 11, I've heard the newer P+E CPUs perform better, which is anything 11th generation and above.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That spec will play older games at 1080. If you want to play newer stuff at higher resolutions, you'll need more modern equipment. IMO the sweet spot for price/performance right now is a 13th gen i5 and an rtx 30xx GPU. Your desired resolution will dictate the GPU level and RAM needed.

That will prevent you from immediately wanting an upgrade to play a new game.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I was drawn in by your thread title, but I'm of no use answering your question. I'm still rocking a Win7 rig I built in late-2009. I discovered the world's most perfect computer game, Diablo II, while in college in the early-2000s and never stopped playing it. My 14.5 y/o computer still runs it just fine to this day.

All that being said, you might look online for a computer gaming fps calculator website. Might be able to find one that can tell you what to expect from certain hardware. Cheers!
    I hope you don't have that thing connected to the Internet.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    I hope you don't have that thing connected to the Internet.
    You better believe I do. Microsoft stopped providing updates for Win7 years ago, but they still send out their monthly Malicious Software Removal Tool. Never had any issues with yet. Eventually everyone will stop supporting software for Win7 and I'll be forced to build new, but not before I absolutely have to!

Edit: Just checked online. Looks like only about 27% of devices connected to the internet are still using Windows, and of those only 3% are still using Win7. There's no reason for hackers to even be looking for me!

Last edited:

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Edit: Just checked online. Looks like only about 27% of devices connected to the internet are still using Windows, and of those only 3% are still using Win7. There's no reason for hackers to even be looking for me!
    You're mostly right but the overall numbers are skewed against "Windows" because of IOT devices. I would be curious on the percentage of desktop/laptop computers running Windows and what version.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Will it play many games? yes. Think of it this way, it'll play 10 year old games amazingly and newer games proportionally worse. I have a I5 7700k GTX1060 16gb DDR4 machine that was my main one till I upgraded to a laptop. Now it's my wife's rig. We did upgrade to a newer 4000 series RTX but even before then it did adequately for most of our stuff, which isn't the newest games though.

so yea, really comes down to reading the specs on the game you're looking at.

System Requirements
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system.
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-6600/AMD Ryzen 3 1300X.
    • Memory: 12 GB RAM.
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB/AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB.
    • DirectX: Version 11.
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection.
    • Storage: 30 GB available space
    Should play it fine.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You better believe I do. Microsoft stopped providing updates for Win7 years ago, but they still send out their monthly Malicious Software Removal Tool. Never had any issues with yet. Eventually everyone will stop supporting software for Win7 and I'll be forced to build new, but not before I absolutely have to!

I'd look more into how vulnerable you actually are. They do not fix vulnerabilities anymore, and there are some doozies in Win7.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Hell Let Loose is pretty GPU-centric. But you also don't want to bottleneck the CPU. To keep things running smoothly in that title, I'd look at a GPU that has at least 8 gig of ram on the card, however, the more the better. You'll do better with say, a 3080 GPU, or even an AMD RX 6650 XT or above. I build my gaming machines, and I'm currently running an AMD Ryzen 5800X3D CPU, 16GB RAM, RX 6650 XT, and a 4TB NVMe M.2 SSD. I get an average of 150fps in 1080p, and have over 1500 hours in HLL. My old machine had a Ryzen 3100 CPU and an RX590 GPU, and it was able to run the game, but not well enough to be considered competitive. Your best bet is to build a machine that has the best CPU and GPU you can afford, with a motherboard that can last through a couple of upgrades over time. Also, don't skimp on your power supply, go with at least 850 watts with a Gold rating, so you can upgrade your system without having to buy another. Newer GPU's are starting to require a lot of wattage.

Top Bottom