• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    That's because it's in the contract with Visa/MC that they CANNOT ask for I.D. If they do, they can lose their ability to accept those forms of payment.

:popcorn:

...I just heard that Indiana is going to revoke all the lifetime carry licenses...deer tags are going up to $75 next week...it is illegal for a cop to make you show ID....

River...not sure where you got your info, but it's hookey.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    :popcorn:

...I just heard that Indiana is going to revoke all the lifetime carry licenses...deer tags are going up to $75 next week...it is illegal for a cop to make you show ID....

River...not sure where you got your info, but it's hookey.

So I guess you didn't read the link in post #19?:popcorn::popcorn:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    20 years ago we checked ID's at a gas station I worked at to make sure they were the actual card holder. Happened to me once last year at Wally World, I thanked the lady for checking to make sure it was me using my card
    Up until this year that was a violation of the cards merchant agreement. Now it's not, but it used to be. As a security measure, I used to mark my cards "Ask for ID", but was rarely asked. Even that would have forced the store to violate their terms of use with the card companies.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I just did and it said signatures must match, which mean they need to look at a valid ID, but not record any information, to verify the signature.

"Both Visa and MasterCard prohibit merchants from requiring customer ID as a condition for accepting their credit or debit cards. All you need is a signed card, and of course the signatures must match."

The signatures on the card and on the "paper" you sign.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    There are card readers, some very tiny, that do not require an iPhone or anything, just read the stripe and save it. Like I said, everything but the PIN and CVV2 are in the clear on the stripe. I don't use the PIN, and the only time CVV2 has come up was online. Write the stripe on a card, buy gas, groceries, whatever, no problem. Oh, and the ability to write the stripe is only a couple hundred bux.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom