• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HK45Mark23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Newburgh
    We had a good day today canvassing New Harmony. I want to thank all the folks that walked with us helping me in the senate race for District 49.

New Harmony is the hometown of my primary opponent. Things went well and we were able to place several signs in that small town.

My opponents camp has been telling folks I'm a one issue person, implying I'm just about gun rights. Though on my website www.jimtomes.com I have listed several issues that I state my positions, my opponent's site lists nothing. You would think that if I was a one issue guy, he would accept my request for a debate then he could challenge me on any topic of his choice.

When Mr. Wilson called me and told me he would not debate me I told him he could put the debate together anyway he wants and could even invite the audience of his choice and I'd be happy to participate. His answer was no he did not want to debate with me.

But now he's hired a polling outfit to make calls to voters and in the survey there are only a few questions asked and what do you think they are?

They ask the voter if they support the second amendment ( apparently that has become an important one issue for him) and they asked if the person supports right to life, which has now become an issue for him since I've received the Indiana Right To Life sole Endorsement for the District 49 race and was rated an A+ by the Right To Life Southwest Indiana. Mr. Wilson got a B rating.

The life issue has never been a talking point for my opponent at any of the events we've both had the opportunity to speak at. But, now it's part of his polling questions. The people called are told that Wilson is pro gun and pro life.

Here's what we're all dealing with folks, not just me as a candidate, but all of us as citizens who have people running for office. In just these two issues alone, gun rights and right to life my opponent is trying to lay claim that he is something he's not truly about.

For over 17 years I have been engaged in promoting and defending gun rights here in Indiana because I believe in the Constitution. Margie and I have never sought payment in all these years. It's what we believe is worth fighting for.

Likewise, over the past many years we've helped in the booth for the Posey County Right To Life at the Fall Festival and worked for them at the food booth each September at the Kunstfest in New Harmony. I don't recall seeing Mr. Wilson working with us at any of those events. But now all of a sudden he's pro life, so his pollster say.

He was never present during all the years Margie and I traveled to Indianapolis to testify before senate and house committees about gun bills. But, now all of a sudden he's pro gun.

I'm tired of milk toast candidates who try to shyster people with these deceitful tactics just to get elected to some office. I'm so tired of it that I'm running to stop one of them from getting away with it in southern Indiana.

I hope all of you are tired of it too. I hope you all will call, e-mail or write the newspapers, radio and TV stations and ask if they can turn up an answer as to why my opponent will not debate with me. Let's don't get taken in by the same shell game that has been going on for decades.

This is not a contest for me. This is not some game to play to see if I can win by pretending to be what I'm not and having a big laugh after the votes are counted about how the voters got snookered using lots of money and unscrupulous hired help.

As I said I know my letters go far and wide, even to my opponent. That's just fine because I say what I believe.

Jim and Margie
    2nd Amendment Patriots
    STAY UNITED
    www.2ndamendmentpatriots.org

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Unfortunately this is the way "most" politicians operate. Bravo on your consistent and continuing support of two very important issues. During each election campaigining period there is always going to be some topic that appears to be a "Hot Button" issue, you know the one that gets everybodys' blood boiling. And I'm guessing that most career politicians operate this way their entire life. Remember during Herr Obamas' run up to the office he now illegally occupies, "Change" became a big issue and suddenly everyone was the candidate for change. A wise voter sees thru these smokescreens and recognizes the pandering that they are. . . . .unfortunately the ranks of the wise voter seems to be thinning more each election cycle!

Top Bottom