• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mschlatter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    In the Barn
    So I purchased a new Savage MOD 93R17 TRR-SR 17HMR the other day. It was a firearm that had been ordered off of their website since it was not stocked. The gun came in and was supposed to have a tri rail system on it. However it was not on the gun or in the box. Has anyone else ever ran into this type of issue with Savage and are they easy to work with on things like this?

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I would have had the dealer call them before I accepted it, but anyway...

I have called them before on other issues, and they were polite and answered my questions...

And yes, you have to CALL them, there's really no other way.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Wrong Model?

I wonder if there was a mix up and you got a TR instead of the TRR-SR. Is your barrel threaded? The two models are very similar except for the tri-rail and the threaded barrel on the TRR-SR.

As others said, I would have let the dealer straighten it out. If you discover you paid for a TRR-SR and got a TR, the dealer should definitely either replace it or give you $80-$100 back. Could be as simple as a paperwork error in the order process.

mschlatter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    In the Barn
    I wonder if there was a mix up and you got a TR instead of the TRR-SR. Is your barrel threaded? The two models are very similar except for the tri-rail and the threaded barrel on the TRR-SR.

As others said, I would have let the dealer straighten it out. If you discover you paid for a TRR-SR and got a TR, the dealer should definitely either replace it or give you $80-$100 back. Could be as simple as a paperwork error in the order process.
    Yes, the barrel is threaded. It is the TRR-SR 17HMR. The rail is just plain missing.

mschlatter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    In the Barn
    Just talked to Savage. Going to send the rail directly to me. No questions asked. Their customer service is as good as their firearms. (Thats good in my book.)

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Excellent to hear on Savage Customer Service. With all the gun forums these days i don't see where a company has much choice but to make it good. Word does get around easily these days.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom