PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My ford is still running and my co-worker's Kia is needing an engine. Can not find a good one in a junkyard because the dealers bought them all to replace all the junk engines.
    I feel their pain. We used to have a Chrysler minivan. It developed fuel system issues. Specifically the plastic in the connector barbs on the tank became brittle and failed. To the point you couldnt find a used gas tank in ANY junkyards. And a new tank including the connector disc assembly cost like $1,000. And or course they didnt sell the $25 part that actually had a problem by itself, even though it was a part that could be removed from the $1,000 tank. :xmad:

For a year and a half we limped with the help of an excellent mechanic who made it work, but it had a side effect. It would literally take us 10 minutes to fill the tank because it couldnt vent fast enough during the fill. If we locked the lever, we couldnt go past the first notch. And on some pumps, even that was too fast. I dont miss those days.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    My ford is still running and my co-worker's Kia is needing an engine. Can not find a good one in a junkyard because the dealers bought them all to replace all the junk engines.
    We've put around 800k miles on hyundai/kia engines over the last 22 years and the only one I had to replace I bought with a snapped timing belt with 212k miles.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I think Hyundai and Kia both are way underestimated. Right now I wouldn't want a kia, but give them another year to fix the "steal me and rob a gun shop" signs, and I believe they'll be back up to snuff.
    Those only applied to the lower level cars with a key. Anything with a pushbutton start isn't affected the same way. In all fairness, who would have thought people would steal a ****ing Korean car?

Anyone remember how easy it was to steal the 73-87 chevy truck and vans, cars etc? Vent windows could be popped to gain access, pop the lower column cover off and literally push the rod to engage the starter. No one sued GM over it.

Reactions: Mij
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom