• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I have a 2002 Dodge Dakota Club Cab that is Dodge Red. The clear coat has begun blistering in certain areas (front of roof, left fender, bed, etc) and as such the paint is starting to look pretty ugly. I kinda like the truck - it is paid for, mechanically solid, the interior is in great shape, and suits my family's needs but the paint's deterioration is accelerating and I don't think my wife would tolerate a Kyrlon job :D

Can anybody 1. give me a rough estimate on having a pickup stripped & repainted to original condition, 2. a rough idea what the downtime for that would be, and 3. a recommendation for somebody in the Clark/Floyd Co. area that does this kind of work?

Would also consider Line-X Xtra/Body Armor.

Many thanks...

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I have a 2002 Dodge Dakota Club Cab that is Dodge Red. The clear coat has begun blistering in certain areas (front of roof, left fender, bed, etc) and as such the paint is starting to look pretty ugly. I kinda like the truck - it is paid for, mechanically solid, the interior is in great shape, and suits my family's needs but the paint's deterioration is accelerating and I don't think my wife would tolerate a Kyrlon job :D

Can anybody 1. give me a rough estimate on having a pickup stripped & repainted to original condition, 2. a rough idea what the downtime for that would be, and 3. a recommendation for somebody in the Clark/Floyd Co. area that does this kind of work?

Would also consider Line-X Xtra/Body Armor.

Many thanks...

Funny. My wife's red Dodge Caravan did the same thing. Maybe a flaw in Dodge's painting process ?

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    Pricing will vary depending on who you get to do the work. Might ck with a few of your local people on their pricing . Maybe ask about reducing the cost if you remove all the chrome , bumpers, lights***, have them just do a bang up job & you put it back together . Maybe a good family thing. Even if they do it all I would think it will be under 3000.00. Maybe go to a automotive paint supplier. & ask who could do some painting. A lot of people do stuff on the side. & they would know them . Good luck

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    stripping the old paint off and respraying is WAY overkill for what you want. You can remove all the bad/loose paint, scuff up the rest of the vehicle, and respray color/clear that way and it will be a lot less work. Thats what most professional body shops and hobby painters are going to do. That said don't be surprised if a complete paint jobs *starts* at $1500, maybe more.

There is always Macco I guess, or finding someone who does it on the side.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom