OUR first dog, my friend, is not long for this world.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Every pet owner knows all too well that losing a beloved friend is VERY tough and will take years to get over. I lost mine 7 years ago and to this day can not bring myself to get another dog and go through it again.

Good luck and I am sorry for the pain you guys are feeling at this time.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I can't add much more to this thread other than give him another good scratch for me...fondly remembering all the past buddies that have gone...I'll see them all again someday...but not yet...not yet.

Damn sand...

_OZ_

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    In Search of the Holy Grail
    I am sorry to hear the sad news. Have lost several dogs(dog lovers know they are better than people) and the one we have now is almost 11 and needed surgery at the age of 9 1/2, so I assumed it was goodbye, but the wife said don't care what it costs. It was not cheap(had to have it done in Indy and it was a 50/50 shot)my heart surgery was cheaper... but now at almost at 11 years, it was worth it. We were lucky to be able to pay for it, since animal surgery is not cheap!

Will pray that things get better, and there is little or no pain for him.... Just love and hug as much as possible...

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Well, it is with much regret I tell you all that Calvin passed away this morning at approx 00:30.

The last couple of weeks have been good and bad. Calvin would have great days and just OK days. His blood count was consistantly low, but that wouldnt last long and he would rebound for a few days. We pampered him in every way we could as often as we could. Last night we came home and I let the dogs out, Calvin went outside and just layed down in the grass. I knew that wasn't a good sign. I called my mom to ask what we should do, and we ended up taking him in for her to look.

He was in pretty bad shape. Disoriented and weak. We gave him 350 ml of blood, and he was better for a while but then a couple of hours later he lost his battle with cancer.

He was a good friend, better than anyone could have asked for. He gave more than he needed to, and was loved by everyone.

I miss you buddy. Ill see you again one day.

iamthameg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm so sorry to hear about this. I'm sitting here writing through very wet eyes. He's in a good place, and you'll see him again one day! He was happy right up until the second he passed because he had such an amazing family, like yours.

Keep your head up, and your heart open. May another furry companion have the joy of having you as their owner someday. If you need anything at all, even just to talk - let us all know, please! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I'm so sorry to hear about this. I'm sitting here writing through very wet eyes. He's in a good place, and you'll see him again one day! He was happy right up until the second he passed because he had such an amazing family, like yours.

Keep your head up, and your heart open. May another furry companion have the joy of having you as their owner someday. If you need anything at all, even just to talk - let us all know, please! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I couldn't have said it better.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Clay
    I'm sorry for the loss you are feeling, but happy for the years you spent with him! Perhaps you could honor Calvin in this thread, with a photo of him from when he was feeling better?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm sorry to hear that bro. Thanks for giving him a good home. I have been around dogs all of my life. I know how hard it is to loose a good friend. I hope he goes happy!

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Sorry to hear about your friend! I hope his passing is easy on both of you, I had to put my best friend for the last 11 years down this spring, it's never easy, my heart goes out to both of you!

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Tough one man. Very sorry to hear but know that our prayers are with you and your family on this one. I'll be facing the same fate in the not too far future and don't know how I'm gonna deal with it. Good luck and keep your chin up, he was a good dog, and you were his family, and thats what is important. Be happy for his life, and your's with him.

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm sorry for you and your wife as well. I know how much a pet is as much a family member and give unconditional love, no matter what. Just remember the good times you had.

Top Bottom