• Status
    Not open for further replies.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Might see you there! I'm planning to go back next year. We skipped this year because family was supposed to come into town, but they got Bronchitis last week and can't travel now.

bring some good walking shoes and pace yourself. And vegas prices... ooof. We always stop at CVS/Walgreens first thing to buy a case of water and then you carry some around all the time.
    Did you do the full 4 days? Do you need to to see everything?

The GF and I usually do Vegas in March with her parents, but next year I'm thinking I'll try to move it up to SHOT time and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I went the full 4 days, and still didn't see everything :laugh:

and you don't get "guest" passes. Every single person that registers has to qualify individually.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI

and you don't get "guest" passes. Every single person that registers has to qualify individually.
    Oh wow. Usually I'm about done with Vegas itself after 3 nights. lol

I'd be the only one actually going to the show. I did see that had spouse passes, but I didn't really look into it.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Oh wow. Usually I'm about done with Vegas itself after 3 nights. lol

I'd be the only one actually going to the show. I did see that had spouse passes, but I didn't really look into it.
    Spouse passes are only for suppliers. So like Sig Sauer, S&W, etc.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Morn'n all, wet and soggy here but better than the white stuff. The river has started coming out of its banks. The field across from me is starting to fill up. Cool thing is the eagles have been doing their fishing over there. A little to far to get good pics but trying.

I've never been to SHOT but would really like to attend. I have to qualify? Anyone going with will need to qualify also? How does one do that?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Morn'n all, wet and soggy here but better than the white stuff. The river has started coming out of its banks. The field across from me is starting to fill up. Cool thing is the eagles have been doing their fishing over there. A little to far to get good pics but trying.

I've never been to SHOT but would really like to attend. I have to qualify? Anyone going with will need to qualify also? How does one do that?
    I qualify because I have a side business that counts as being part of the industry. I sell knives :thumbsup:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I got invited to Vegas a few years ago and honestly thought I'd rather go to the dentist.
    it's not terrible, there are still a lot of things to see and do outside of gambling.

Shelby American museum is close by, there's a gun range that you can rent full-autos, some shows, and lots of free displays on the strip like the bellagio fountains

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    it's not terrible, there are still a lot of things to see and do outside of gambling.

Shelby American museum is close by, there's a gun range that you can rent full-autos, some shows, and lots of free displays on the strip like the bellagio fountains
    I'd probably enjoy it if there were no people there. :):

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    They also will sometimes randomly stop people and check their ID to make sure it matches the badge. And if it doesn't, they kick both parties out of the show. Possibly red flagging them for future shows.

I didn't see it last year in person, but I heard from someone the year before that saw it happen once (checking ID, not kicking anyone out)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom