• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steelworker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Allen County
    I think you should consider the Classic Turret Press. Its just slightly more expensive than the single stage, but can increase your output by quite a bit. You can disable the auto index feature if you like when you are starting out. The LEE Classic Turret press, IMHO, is the best deal out there right now. I have had very good luck ordering from both Natchez shooter supply, and Midsouth Shooters supply.

JohnE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've just started reloading myself and I have this press. For what I need to do it works great haven't had any issues with it yet. I've reloaded some .45 acp and some .223 on it so far. It fit my limited budget is one reason I chose it. I kinda like the single stag press since I'm new so I can see that everything is going as planned. I don't relaod that much under 500 rounds a month so it works great for me.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I have it and the breech locks work great. They lock up tight everytime and i havent had any wiggle or anything from them. Although ive only loaded 50 rounds or so on it

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I use the Breech Lock kit that you are looking at. I love it for rifle rounds! Make sure you buy a couple of extra bushings, as they will strip out and cause problems in the future.

I don't reload pistol ammo but my friend said it takes too long with a single stage press for as much as he shoots. He bought a progressive press for his pistol ammo but still uses the single stage for rifle.

Oh, make sure you buy a hand priming tool. The priming function on that press doesn't work at all. (Or maybe mines defective???) But yeah, I recommend it for a starting reloader such as yourself. You can learn every step to reloading and hopefully you will enjoy doing it as much as I do. :)

Edit: You also might want to consider buying a digital scale. The one that comes with the kit has to be zeroed each time it is bumped or moved. I couldn't get a clear reading from it so I bought an RCBS digital scale.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I considered the Classic Breech Lock, but got the Classic Turret instead. You can get a 4-hole turret for less than 4 bushings, and the turret is more than strong enough.

The Lee kit is how I started, and even after... oh I guess it's about 17 years, I still use most of the stuff. I love the Lee case lube.

I now have the Lee Turret Press, the Classic Turret, and a Loadmaster. When I got the Classic Turret I knew I would never use a single stage again, and gave it and the powder scale to a friend.

Priming on the Classic Turret works very well too.

Top Bottom