• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Mk2ja recently opened a thread about being hassled while OCing at a Buffalo Wild Wings in the Fort. The fact that the discussion is still active on that thread demonstrates that this issue is a serious one.

Mk2ja recently posted this link on his Twitter and I think it merits consideration by the :ingo: crew. It makes a valid point and could help us achieve our goal of general acceptance of open carry in Indiana.

So, with a rep to mk2ja for finding the link, let the debate continue.

Sharp as a Marble - Gun owner goes to Apple store, openly carrying

:popcorn: ;)

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I like it. I open carry occasionally, usually under the same circumstances; too lazy to take it off, or cover it up, and just hoping that maybe I'll spark a good conversation along the way.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I think the fact that the OCer was female was a primary factor. If nothing else, the people responding adjusted their reaction accordingly. Being female is just not seen as a threat. So a female with a gun is an anomaly, not a suspicious person with suspicious behavior. The assumptions created right from the start can sometimes make or break the interaction. Women just don't seem to generate the same negativity.

But I'll take it however it's delivered. OC advocacy, that is.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    It makes a valid point and could help us achieve our goal of general acceptance of open carry in Indiana.

Won't happen anytime soon. I think either the more folks who OC, or dramatic OCing (MP5s, ARs, etc.), will likely only lead to a change in the law. You have guys like those in Philly and TN who are only out to cause a stir. When does OCing become more than personal protection, and cross over into the realm of drama seeking? Only time will tell.

Top Bottom