• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    When I was a little kid my uncle showed me how to field strip one he had brought back from WWII. I have wanted one ever since.

I ran across this today and had to have it.

A matching 1916 DWM Luger with the exception of the 2 magazines which is common. Everything is correct including the direction of the polish marks on the straw colored parts. Not reblued, the interior is bright, the barrel witness marks are perfect, the grips match. The holster is dated 1916 but is missing the little tool.

IMG_0735.jpeg

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A beautiful example of a wartime DWM. The tool for the holster can be found on ebay if you keep an eye out.

Your gun is one year older than my 1917 DWM Navy that was reworked for WWII.
    View attachment 338894
    Right now I just have to quit buying stuff. Just bought a Winchester 94. Found an original Springfield Trapdoor cleaning rod on EBay now this.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Right now I just have to quit buying stuff. Just bought a Winchester 94. Found an original Springfield Trapdoor cleaning rod on EBay now this.
    I know the feeling, i have discovered recently that I like buying the odds and ends on the accessories for my surplus guns if something is missing like the cleaning rod.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    That's a bingo... Two and a half to 3 times what they could have been found for just 8 or 9 years ago when we were following.
    Will you shoot it or just admire and wish it could tell its stories?
    Shooting it today for a function test. After that a teardown and good cleaning.

The prices stabilized for a time during the time when the greatest generation started passing flooding the market with them but the prices are now climbing again.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Outstanding acquisition! I’ve blown my budget lately for more buys but I’m trying to use gun owner logic to convince myself to buy again.
    I hope it works soon! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom