• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Neither one of my grandmas were ever out of the kitchen long enough to get a warrant, or even a drivers license!
    :):
    Rode with Grandma to Louisville and back in the late 70s. She rolled every stop sign between Salem and Louisville I swear, including exit 7 off I-65 (back in the day it wasn't a light.)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Rode with Grandma to Louisville and back in the late 70s. She rolled every stop sign between Salem and Louisville I swear, including exit 7 off I-65 (back in the day it wasn't a light.)
    My Kentucky grandma literally was in the kitchen cooking all the time, I think I remember seeing her sitting on the front porch maybe 2-3 times, other than that, she was in the kitchen. North Carolina grandma was a little crazier, but by the time I came around, she had calmed way down, smoked like a freight train, drank jack daniels, but was still a sweet old lady, and she never got in trouble with the law!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We’ve bought two vehicles from them in the last 3 years, great people to deal with, and you don’t get the big city BS from them.
    Their lot on Main Street has definitely expanded since I lived in that area. That's getting to be a long time ago. I'm about to get nostalgic on what South Main Street in Salem used to look like... pre-McDonalds from the Square to Powers Transmission at Main and Jackson circa 81-82.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Their lot on Main Street has definitely expanded since I lived in that area. That's getting to be a long time ago. I'm about to get nostalgic on what South Main Street in Salem used to look like... pre-McDonalds from the Square to Powers Transmission at Main and Jackson circa 81-82.
    Yeah it’s definitely changed, maybe not as bad as bigger towns, but still. I don’t think the place has been the same since Salem dairyland closed down.

The square used to really hop on Friday and Saturday nights.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yeah it’s definitely changed, maybe not as bad as bigger towns, but still. I don’t think the place has been the same since Salem dairyland closed down.

The square used to really hop on Friday and Saturday nights.
    Dairyland and cruising the square. I knew a lot of the dudes who worked at Dairyland.

Do you remember the girl in the green Gremlin? She was a horrible driver.

Top Bottom