• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Did you guys see you can check your turkey in on-line now? I just heard about it today. I have also heard that we will soon be checking in our deer on-line. I don't see why not, when you check in your deer some places don't ever come out to look and see if you even have it with you. I dont know how this on-line check in will work but I like the idea I don't have to use extr gas and time to go do it :rockwoot:

odie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I wished I would have read about this earlier. I was worried about my turkey going bad because the check in station was closed and I had to wait until the next morning to check in the bird. ( I put the whole bird in the fridge)

odie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Youth weekend we had to drivr the youngesters out of the way 30 min. just to check in their birds. I hope tey do this during deer season. But one question, what about the check in tag.

Haymaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Jennings County
    When you check the bird on line, you will received a reference number and you just write it on your temporary transportation tag. There will not be any "check in tag" if checked in on line.

wbower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Martinsville
    IL has been doing this for years. The dis-honest still won't check birds in and the honest will. Doesn't matter if you go to a check station or not.

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    The dial-a-check system in Kentucky has been debated as to how much this promotes illegal activity, such as calling in a small buck as a doe and then continuing to buck hunt, or not calling in anything once the hunter makes it safely home. The popular radio host on WHAS 84 radio in Louisville, Ky, Jim Strader, calls it "Dial A Joke". I too believe the temptation to cheat is too much for otherwise honest hunters. I think dial-a-check is just a way for the State to save money and get more deer killed which is their ultimate goal.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Hopefully Indiana will follow KY's lead in the searchabilty of names on the telecheck. In KY if someone knows that another person has killed a deer they can go on line and see if it was registered, Helps the law enforcement out..

Once they get this up and running they need to do away with that "48 hour" check in limit...and make it same day...

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I think its a great idea! Especially for early bow season when its hot. I can just quickly check my deer in online and get right to work quartering it up

Top Bottom