• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'm having a heck of a time finding someone that will admit to installing such a thing. If I can't find one, I'll do it myself; I mean I trust me, but I'd kinda rather have someone with some experience do it. My mom (PBUH) is pretty adamant about that. M'lady doesn't think I'll have any luck for liability reasons. Do any of you know anyone maybe in the north half of Marion, south half of Hamilton county that does this? I find no joy.

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    YOU can do it! Go to your local store that sells stoves & tell them you want to install it yourself but buy all material from them. Have the pitch of your roof avail. Where you would like to install in your home . They should be able to walk you through all of it with no problem. You can ask what they'll hit you for so you can that as ammo against those that want it done by a pro. There are rules to follow on installing these things. Again they can help. I installed my wood burner many years ago but now want to move it downstairs so it'll heat the whole house, not just the living room & freeze the rest of the house. The way my house is set up, I can't get enough heat to other rooms. I need it in the basement . What's stopping me is having to run the stack up the outside of my house about 35 ft to clear the roof per code.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I've done a good bit of research on the internet, and nothing looks too hard, just need to get the clearances right. I know I can do it; I've gone elbows deep in so many things I didn't know about that I learned weren't such a big deal, that nothing intimidates me. I wouldn't mind doing it myself, but my mother is being a, well, mother, so I thought I'd try to find someone. If I can't find anyone, that's what I'll do. Just have to get between the joists. Thinkin I can do that.

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    GREAT info - We plan on installing a wood burner once we get settled in to our new place in Alexandria. Preferably this summer before winter rolls in. Wish we had one here in ND, a rental, because heating oil and a drafty house got spendy. Hope to be eastbound and down in the next couple of weeks!!!! Keep us posted.

Last edited:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I wouldn't mind doing it myself, but my mother is being a, well, mother, so I thought I'd try to find someone.
    I love my mother dearly and I respect her advice, but there is a line. We both have an understanding that I am an adult and I can make reasoned decisions for myself. She has to accept that sometimes the decisions I make for myself would not be the decision she would make for herself. We haven't had any problems as of yet with such an arrangement.

Maybe it's time to sit down and talk with your mother about matters such as this?

Of course, this all assumes that you're a legal adult and not still living in her basement (I don't suggest telling her how things are going to be if you're living under her roof).

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom