• ...and so much more!
  • XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Well guys, Dad oughta be here anytime now. We are headed to Dogwood lake to do some bluegill/redear fishing. He did pretty well last weekend. We should have enough for a nice fish fry once I move in to my new place. I will have pics to post when I return.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    Good luck. I don't know if you're hitting Redbird tomorrow or not, but my buddy and I have decided to try again to get him a turkey, so we won't see you if you are. :D

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Well, the hurricane force winds on saturday sucked and it got chilly yesterday but we managed to catch 48 bluegill and redear. Last year we had about twice that but the cold front really made them act stupid. Ended up with 96 filets though so that should be good for a small fish fry! :D

Good luck. I don't know if you're hitting Redbird tomorrow or not, but my buddy and I have decided to try again to get him a turkey, so we won't see you if you are. :D

No not this time. I usually do the trail clean up but it conflicted with the fishing trip so I chose fishing. Did you have any luck on the turkey?

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    Did you have any luck on the turkey?

Sort of. :rolleyes:

We walked for over a half hour to our chosen spot right before dawn and set the decoys in a field. As soon as we sat against a large tree, a roosted tom gobbled on the other side of a field, right where we were hoping he'd be. With each call I made, the tom replied. I told my buddy to keep his shotgun up and be ready. I heard another gobble and BOOM! -- someone else shot the tom before we ever saw it. :wallbash:

The day ended on a brighter note though. We ended up joining some friends for a local machinegun shoot in Jackson County:

Video And Pics From Machinegun Shoot On 5/8/10 (Sorry 56K Dial-Up Users) -- NOW WITH MORE PICS!!! - AR15.COM

:D

Top Bottom