• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I posted this in the social justice thread, but it probably deserves it's own discussion. This nonsense had now officially gone off the rails. The Obama administration is going to now mandate that all schools across the country let anyone use any bathroom they want. Don't comply, lose federal funding.

I don't care what your feeling is on the transgender issue, forcing a one size fits all approach to every school in the nation is wrong. I don't care if it's forcing schools to have unisex bathrooms or forcing them all to use blue chalk.

Obama Administration to Issue Decree on Transgender Access to School Restrooms - NYTimes.com

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    The focus of the opposition must be upon the executive decree, the overreach of the decree, not whether or not a person who looks like the opposite gender should be in the bathroom.

I cannot wait to see how this derails into "bigoted hate speech".

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    America does not work by decree of a monarch. If he is serious, let him run it through the proper congressional channels. That is how the law of the land works. If congress was serious, they would have already arrested him.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    America does not work by decree of a monarch. If he is serious, let him run it through the proper congressional channels. That is how the law of the land works. If congress was serious, they would have already arrested him.

That's by far one of the biggest problems we've created for ourselves in this country, since we've allowed the feds so much power they don't need to pass laws, they simply threaten to withhold the funding dollars which they shouldn't have in the first place.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Yep. Huge over reach IMHO.

Wolffman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012

You get the point now. Congress is no where near serious. They are more concerned with trying to snap Trump in line. (Good luck with that.)

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I am strongly in favor of equal rights for all, but this type of blatant overreach and unilateral mandate really chaps my behind.

This type of smug, we know better than you policy will ultimately turn off many more people than it wins over.

Last edited:

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Ugh. I fought hard on this in the other thread but Obama sure makes it a pain. I come down on the live and let live side of things. And as long as they arn't interfering with your rights, it really dosnt matter what's between the legs of the person in the next stall over.

BUT, executive decree is NOT the way to do this. It should be handled by legislation or litigation. The executive needs to stay the he'll out of it.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    Why even bother with all the stipulations, why not just remove gender segregated bathrooms all together?

These are not grown adults we are talking about anymore, these are adolescent teenagers.
    Adolescents that are going through a very confusing time in their life, they might not even be sure they are trans-gender.
    Given the fickle nature of teenagers, how could anybody tell if they truly are trans-gender or not? Emotions change so quickly in adolescents it makes your head spin!

Legislation concerning ADULTS in public places is one thing, but now this is bleeding over into the world of public schools and minors.
    Minors aren't emotionally or rationally mature enough to be trusted with deciding their own gender on a whim. IMO

This order states "facilities" which I assume means locker/dressing rooms and showers as well?
    Teenage boys WILL try to abuse this policy. Anybody else remember being a teenage boy?

This is now officially out of control.
    Not only on the subject matter at hand but the gross overreach of the Obama administration, "power of law" or not.
    As laws/policies like this become more and more prevalent, I have no doubt that we will see the number of "trans-gender people" skyrocket within the next couple years.

Who do we write to expressing our concerns about this?

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I posted this in the social justice thread, but it probably deserves it's own discussion. This nonsense had now officially gone off the rails. The Obama administration is going to now mandate that all schools across the country let anyone use any bathroom they want. Don't comply, lose federal funding.

I don't care what your feeling is on the transgender issue, forcing a one size fits all approach to every school in the nation is wrong. I don't care if it's forcing schools to have unisex bathrooms or forcing them all to use blue chalk.

Obama Administration to Issue Decree on Transgender Access to School Restrooms - NYTimes.com

I saw this too, and it's only going to get worse under Obama 2.0 (aka Clinton) due to so many people claiming they will vote 3rd party because their candidate didn't get the nod.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Why even bother with all the stipulations, why not just remove gender segregated bathrooms all together?

These are not grown adults we are talking about anymore, these are adolescent teenagers.
    Adolescents that are going through a very confusing time in their life, they might not even be sure they are trans-gender.
    Given the fickle nature of teenagers, how could anybody tell if they truly are trans-gender or not? Emotions change so quickly in adolescents it makes your head spin!

Legislation concerning ADULTS in public places is one thing, but now this is bleeding over into the world of public schools and minors.
    Minors aren't emotionally or rationally mature enough to be trusted with deciding their own gender on a whim. IMO

This order states "facilities" which I assume means locker/dressing rooms and showers as well?
    Teenage boys WILL try to abuse this policy. Anybody else remember being a teenage boy?

Not only on the subject matter at hand but the gross overreach of the Obama administration, "power of law" or not.
    As laws/policies like this become more and more prevalent, I have no doubt that we will see the number of "trans-gender people" skyrocket within the next couple years.

Who do we write to expressing our concerns about this?

Lawsuit filed after transgender student gets locker room access in Palatine - Chicago Tribune

Chicago: Students can access bathrooms by gender identity - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

Unbelievable. Have the morons drafting this stuff ever been in a public school. And it's not just the boys, teenage girls are getting awful too. The next solution will be fully enclosed, locking individual stalls. Then we will start having sex in those stalls, consensual and non-consensual.

I feel sorry for the teachers stuck dealing with this crap.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    Unbelievable. Have the morons drafting this stuff ever been in a public school. And it's not just the boys, teenage girls are getting awful too. The next solution will be fully enclosed, locking individual stalls. Then we will start having sex in those stalls, consensual and non-consensual.

I feel sorry for the teachers stuck dealing with this crap.

I'm not trying to make any trans-gender person feel any kind of way.
    I don't want to "keep out the tranny because they're sexual predators."
    I DO however feel like these policies will be abused by non trans-gender people masquerading as though they are trans-gender, which is what my biggest concern is.

I sincerely hope that I am wrong, time will tell...

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I'm not trying to make any trans-gender person feel any kind of way.
    I don't want to "keep out the tranny because they're sexual predators."
    I DO however feel like these policies will be abused by non trans-gender people masquerading as though they are trans-gender, which is what my biggest concern is.

I sincerely hope that I am wrong, time will tell...
    I wasn't implying the problems would be created by transgenders, the problem is a poorly thought out policy pushed on schools filled with mischievous teenagers. This will turn out to be bad and create an administrative headache that has nothing to do with education.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Exactly why we chose private school.

It wasn't the teachers, or the quality of instruction. It was this kind of bull****. Threatening to withhold funds earmarked for academics over compliance with a social policy is dirty pool, at best.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    I wasn't implying the problems would be created by transgenders, the problem is a poorly thought out policy pushed on schools filled with mischievous teenagers. This will turn out to be bad and create an administrative headache that has nothing to do with education.

Oh no no. I wasn't thinking that you were. I was just making my stance on the issue clear.

I think I clicked "reply with quote" by mistake. :n00b:
    I agree with what you said 100%

Top Bottom