Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Well found out today that the ******* that hit us last Friday has no insurance. Can't say as I'm surprised. He provided false info. Bet nothing happens to the pos either
    Figures. Hope you have the no insurance coverage. Probably no point taking him to court. Buddy had the same thing happen. Lawyer advised him to just go through their insurance. Judge will take one look at you and one look at him and dismiss it because you can't squeeze blood from a turnip.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Figures. Hope you have the no insurance coverage. Probably no point taking him to court. Buddy had the same thing happen. Lawyer advised him to just go through their insurance. Judge will take one look at you and one look at him and dismiss it because you can't squeeze blood from a turnip.
    Yeah. We have uninsured motorists on our policy. Just becomes a bigger hassle and from what I hear when you have to claim uninsured motorist it counts against you.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    :(

Insurance is such a scam!
    A....h.... don't ever want to pay or help you when you need the help.
    Nope. We'll see how progressive does on this. The lady we've been dealing with seems nice and helpful but that doesn't equate to **** at this point.

Never have had to file an insurance claim, home or car.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Nope. We'll see how progressive does on this. The lady we've been dealing with seems nice and helpful but that doesn't equate to **** at this point.

Never have had to file an insurance claim, home or car.
    dios-mio-dios-te-salve-maria.gif

STATE FARM f... abandoned jedi with the hole in garage roof due to tree branch. jedi had to repair it alone. STATE FARM could NOT be bothered to help, never sent any out to look at it, 1 weeks later a company hired by them to look at it, calls to say they are passing on the job. :facepalm:

STATE FARM f... delayed and strung jedi along with the theft of the van. Heck the car rental company showed more emotion and were more helpful than SF.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

STATE FARM f... abandoned jedi with the hole in garage roof due to tree branch. jedi had to repair it alone. STATE FARM could NOT be bothered to help, never sent any out to look at it, 1 weeks later a company hired by them to look at it, calls to say they are passing on the job. :facepalm:

STATE FARM f... delayed and strung jedi along with the theft of the van. Heck the car rental company showed more emotion and were more helpful than SF.

Insurance companies could give one flying **** about its policy holders.

Progressive offered an amount based on pics but knew it was way to low, about $3k to low based on an actual body shops estimate

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    You might actually be good if you have Progressive. Had them 3 years back when I was heading into work, dude ran a stop sign in front of me on Buchanan before the tracks. Driving on suspended license, no insurance. Totalled my Nissan Versa and rolled his SUV. Got a check some months later refunding my deductible which I assume means Progressive went after him in court.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

State Farm had no issues paying up at fault per my experience as they were obviously at fault. I have Nationwide and they have always gone to bat for me. Auto and home. I like how I can actually talk to my agent or secretary (gave me her home cell) and they will bulldog the process. Very appreciative. If you want the debts, pm me, they are out of Portand LaPorte locally.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    You might actually be good if you have Progressive. Had them 3 years back when I was heading into work, dude ran a stop sign in front of me on Buchanan before the tracks. Driving on suspended license, no insurance. Totalled my Nissan Versa and rolled his SUV. Got a check some months later refunding my deductible which I assume means Progressive went after him in court.
    They've seemed pretty good so far. Have been in contact with a lady as she has been great as far as follow up calls and what not.

Estimate I received will probably end up being a total as it's just over 75% value of the Expedition. If it goes that route I will look into buying it back as I can personally fix the damage and save a ton of money.

Just sucks. I was vehicle shopping for myself but will hold out to see how this ends up

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom