• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Avec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Does the NRA Support Puppy Mills? | Crazy for Critters

Curious stand by the NRA. They say it is to protect future hunters and allow them to find dogs, but puppy mills are overwhelmingly stocked with those little accessory dogs yuppie chicks carry around until they are no longer fashionable. Every bird hunter I know get their yelps from specific breeders known for their quality hunting animals.

No, this is a case of "We hate them, so if they are for something, we need to be against it". Idiocy.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Well, the HSUS is taking on the NRA. I have heard things about mismanagement at the HSUS, so I wonder if they're turning the same eye on their own operations maybe a smoke screen...? Maybe they think taking on the NRA will give them a boost among the Demand-A-Plan crowd.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    All dog breeders are not "puppy mills" and if I had to pick between HSUS and the NRA to support it would not be the HSUS. The HSUS is a fairly far left organization at it's heart so I can see how it might want to take on the NRA purely on ideological basis. Also when an article starts out by saying "since the NRA is, quite simply, grotesque on every level" (My emphasis) it just may not present all the facts.

If HSUS had their way there would be NO hunting and likely NO meat eating. Their commercials showing sad faced little puppies and kittens do not depict the true nature of the organization. BTW, the AKC also has opposed much of the HSUS legislation as well. I stopped donating to HSUS years ago as most of the national money goes to legislative issues and not to support local rescue efforts.

Last edited:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Sounds like a cooky left wing PETA pal to me. Here is the truth I'm sure:

NRA Has a Dog in This Fight - NRAHuntersrights.org, NRA

HSUS’ lobbying seeks to impose burdensome government regulations and licensing fees on anyone owning dogs that have their reproductive capabilities intact. It labels homes and sporting dog kennels with intact dogs as “puppy mills” and dog owners who sell a litter of dogs or more as “pet dealers.” It wants the government to arbitrarily limit the number of intact dogs an individual may own or care for at any one time (this should sound like a familiar concept to gun owners). The limits sought in each state vary according to how sympathetic and radical HSUS believes the state to be. The limit proposed in Massachusetts, for example, might be three dogs, while in Utah it might be a more “reasonable” 25.

So basically this is a huge straw man. It is like saying "If you support gun ownership, you like mass murder," which is actually precisely the sort of thing lefties have been gobbing off about the NRA.

Last edited:

Avec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012

So basically this is a huge straw man. It is like saying "If you support gun ownership, you like mass murder," which is actually precisely the sort of thing lefties have been gobbing off about the NRA.

Except the NRA is not arguing for a reasonable law, or reasonableness in the proposals, they are fighting against all of them. By their actions, they are defending ALL puppy mills, good and bad. This fact can not be disputed. What also cannot be disputed is that their are bad, even horrible puppy mills - and the NRA is fighting to keep them in business.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This is not true.

I've seen news reports that contradict your statement. I seem to remember just a couple of years ago that the HSUS were found with a dumpster full of carcasses of cats and dogs that the HSUS had "rescued", only to kill them .

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Except the NRA is not arguing for a reasonable law, or reasonableness in the proposals, they are fighting against all of them. By their actions, they are defending ALL puppy mills, good and bad. This fact can not be disputed. What also cannot be disputed is that their are bad, even horrible puppy mills - and the NRA is fighting to keep them in business.

Do you know what a straw man is? Did you read the first link I posted? Do you think it is the NRA's job to propose a better solution than the radical proposals coming from the communist human hating HSUS?

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    More on the PETA-like National HSUS

So basically this is a huge straw man. It is like saying "If you support gun ownership, you like mass murder," which is actually precisely the sort of thing lefties have been gobbing off about the NRA.[/QUOTE]

If anyone is really interested in the national HSUS org here is a collection of their mis-deeds.

HumaneWatch

Avec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Do you know what a straw man is? Did you read the first link I posted? Do you think it is the NRA's job to propose a better solution than the radical proposals coming from the communist human hating HSUS?

If they don't propose a better solution, then one can only glean that they are fighting for the status quo. Face it, the NRA is on the wrong side of this one.

By the way, my local Humane Society keeps animals as long as they have room for them. They are not "rescued only to be put down" as some have stated. This statement if factually incorrect, and the implication even less so.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    This thread title IS misleading. It sounds like you are advocating for a leftist organization or looking for negatives in the NRA that simply don't exist. I am glad the NRA opposes this organization.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    If they don't propose a better solution, then one can only glean that they are fighting for the status quo. Face it, the NRA is on the wrong side of this one.

By the way, my local Humane Society keeps animals as long as they have room for them. They are not "rescued only to be put down" as some have stated. This statement if factually incorrect, and the implication even less so.

It isn't the NRA's job to propose alternatives. That is ridiculous. It is the job of the elected officials to propose sensible legalisation, not to cow tow to a bunch of liberal ACTIVISTS.

I am a member of a dog rescue organization and have personally fostered a dozen dogs. I am no fan of puppy mills! But, I do not support bills that would drive home breeders out of business, or punish any dog owner who isn't fixed. You don't seem to understand or care that HSUS's goal is the elimination of pets.

THIS IS NOT THE 'HUMANE SOCIETY' THAT RUNS LOCAL SHELTERS! It is a radical left wing group just like PETA. So i have to ask if you knew that and are here to smear the NRA and cause a raucous, or if you were simply misled by their purposefully misleading lies?

Humane Confusion | Humane Society for Shelter Pets

Humane Confusion | Humane Society for Shelter Pets

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

By the way, my local Humane Society keeps animals as long as they have room for them.What happens when the run out of room and no other shelter will take them? They are not "rescued only to be put down" as some have stated. This statement if factually incorrect, and the implication even less so.

Back to the Straw man again. The NRA has no legal standing to do so. The elected officials have that duty. All the NRA, or any organization for that matter, can do is lobby for or against and assist the officials who do propose amendments. What you are failing to recognize is the distinct probability that the leftist crafted legislation is being introduced by officials who refuse to negotiate any changes to "Their Bill" and therefore the only option that remains is to defeat them.

Take this to a hypothetical: a bill is introduced that will support the 2nd Amendment, void all local, State, and Federal gun regulations, but outlaws hunting on all but private land provided each hunter pays a $10,000 p/yr licensing fee.

The proponents of the bill WILL NOT allow passage without the hunting fee provision and say no changes, take it or leave it. If the NRA lobbied to defeat the bill, would they now be against the 2nd Amendment?

Last edited:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This is not true.

Oh really?
    A series of animal-related complaints & news stories in recent years have me wondering why Minnesota's largest animal welfare organization refuses to follow animal laws in our state.

One such complaint is about a young stray kitten that was taken to the Animal Humane Society shelter in Golden Valley. In spite of the fact that Minnesota State Law requires that impounding agencies hold stray animals for a period of at least 5 business days, this healthy kitten was killed within 5 minutes of being admitted to the Animal Humane Society.

link

The Houston Humane Society; not humane after all

Humane Society Kills Woodbury Cat Against Dead Owner's Wishes

Top Bottom