• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    I have night sights on most my guns and love them. The sights I use are meprolite night sights. Which I believe is what Sig is putting on st the factory now.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Trijicon HD's!

/end thread

Trijicon HD's are great. The orange outline on front sight pops during the day but disappears in low light and exposes the tritium. The rear tritium vials are bright at night but disappear during the day as there is no white outline.

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Nightsight choices are like anything else, it comes down to personal preference. XS Big Dots are the only set of sights I ever used, that I will not put on another pistol. Especially, a 1911.

Meprolight sights seem to be brighter and, last longer. Kimber, Glock, and Sig Sauer use them as their Nightsights from the factory. If you like a "three dot" sight picture they're worth a look. I'm partial to the yellow rear/green front, for some contrast. But, it isn't an option from the "factory."

10129Y is the correct set for the P220. Optics Planet has them in stock.

Unfortunately, the yellow rear isn't an option for the Kimber. but, they work.
    Kimber Tru-Dot Pistol Meprolight Night Sights

Trijicon HDs work pretty well too, and are available for your P220.
    https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product2_hdns.php?mid=15

AmeriGlo also makes a set for Kimbers. (They use Trijicon lamps.)

AmeriGlo Weapon Sights | Kimber

All the sights that I am recommending are sets that I actually have experience with.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Nightsight choices are like anything else, it comes down to personal preference. XS Big Dots are the only set of sights I ever used, that I will not put on another pistol. Especially, a 1911.

Meprolight sights seem to be brighter and, last longer. Kimber, Glock, and Sig Sauer use them as their Nightsights from the factory. If you like a "three dot" sight picture they're worth a look. I'm partial to the yellow rear/green front, for some contrast. But, it isn't an option from the "factory."

10129Y is the correct set for the P220. Optics Planet has them in stock.

Unfortunately, the yellow rear isn't an option for the Kimber. but, they work.
    Kimber Tru-Dot Pistol Meprolight Night Sights

Trijicon HDs work pretty well too, and are available for your P220.
    https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product2_hdns.php?mid=15

AmeriGlo also makes a set for Kimbers. (They use Trijicon lamps.)

AmeriGlo Weapon Sights | Kimber

All the sights that I am recommending are sets that I actually have experience with.

I've got standard Glock night sights, and Mepro's (I also like the contrasting sets yellow rear, green front), Ameriglo's as well (Cap sights on one of my Glocks). The Ameriglo Spartan Opertors look nice as well. Of all of those, I like my Trijicon HDs the best so far. With my eyesight beginning to diminish with age, they are just the best combination for me.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I had training today and was using my issued Glock. I instantly missed the Trijicons. They are just better in every way, and are MUCH easier to shoot with both eyes open. I now absolutely despise having all my sight dots be the same color for any type of combat shooting. A fiber optic front, a brass dot with plain black rears, whatever, I just find that differentiation to make shooting more intuitive and to allow both eyes open shooting be accurate and easy.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I had training today and was using my issued Glock. I instantly missed the Trijicons. They are just better in every way, and are MUCH easier to shoot with both eyes open. I now absolutely despise having all my sight dots be the same color for any type of combat shooting. A fiber optic front, a brass dot with plain black rears, whatever, I just find that differentiation to make shooting more intuitive and to allow both eyes open shooting be accurate and easy.
    the reason I switched to HD's in the first place. I dislike luminous rears, but the HD's luminosity is so downplayed by the serrations, it's like looking at all black rears, with reference dots! Couple that with the big orange front, and I think they are a match made in gun heaven!

Top Bottom