• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brianinarng52d

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    I am looking to start doing my own re-loading and need some advise on what kind of equipment to start with. I dont do an extreme amount of shooting but would just like to do it as more of a hobby than mass manufacturing. Any help would be appreciated.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Ok, lets start giving you an answer with questions! (Aren't we nice!!) ;)

What calibers do you plan to reload? What guns do you plan to use them in? What is the overall goal? Sure, reloading is certainly a hobby in and of itself, but there has to be an overall goal. More ammo? Cheaper ammo? Better Ammo? All of the above? (Wouldn't that be nice...let me know when you find it!) :dunno:

Below are a couple of great links to threads on INGO that have discussed this and are great resources. The site is full of information, just got to know how to find it. My recommendation is find the search tool first!
    (Hint: Upper right hand corner of your INGO toolbar.) I have used this since day one and you can find a TON of great info on here!!

So, read the below threads....and come back with more questions!! There are a lot more knowledgable guys than I with much more experience, and I am guessing there isn't a question that can't be answered by someone here at INGO!:ingo:

Enjoy!!!

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...eloading/26135-reloading_essentials_imho.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...27213-need_help_on_what_i_need_to_reload.html

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Since speed in reloading isn't a top priority for you, I would get a single-stage or turret press KIT. It will be cheaper buying a kit than buying the items separately and will come with just about everything you need except for dies and shell holders which are caliber specific. I like RCBS, Lyman, and Hornady. I'm not so much of a Lee fan and I've used their stuff. Some good places to buy on-line are Midsouth, Midway, Wideners, and Natchez.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Are you from Indy? If so PM Indygunworks. He has some reloading stuff to sell that is right up your alley!!! And for a 6 pack you will get a full inservice!!! Trust me, its worth your time!!!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Are you from Indy? If so PM Indygunworks. He has some reloading stuff to sell that is right up your alley!!! And for a 6 pack you will get a full inservice!!! Trust me, its worth your time!!!

dont have anymore reloading stuff to sell... and for a 6 pack i will do an entire inservice.... also if you arent in a rush i will be offering a third reloading seminar this fall.... its FREE... check out the ingo events section for an AAR of the last one with pics.

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    If your just looking to do a few different pistol calibers a single stage is a good way to go. Although take a look at Dillions Square deal. Have fun and be safe.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    If your just looking to do a few different pistol calibers a single stage is a good way to go. Although take a look at Dillions Square deal. Have fun and be safe.

If springing for a dillon and you EVER want to load rifle.... get the 550b to me the square deal and the 450 are just wastes of money because you cannot expand on them if you want to... resale will also be effected because there are people out there that will buy a press for rifle reloading and not pistol.... if you want to get into it for the long run buy a dillon.... and buy progressive... buy once cry once and just take it slow you will be happy that you did when the time to upgrade NEVER comes.

IGW

Top Bottom